• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hows this thermal paste??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ceramique... hmm, ive heard good and bad things about ceramique, usually the people that use it are quite happy with it, some prefer it over AS5...

go for it if you cant wait for the next shipment of AS5 :)

(cant remember what the cons were of ceramique, maybe it was thick to apply)

Jognt said:
ceramique... hmm, ive heard good and bad things about ceramique, usually the people that use it are quite happy with it, some prefer it over AS5...

go for it if you cant wait for the next shipment of AS5 :)

(cant remember what the cons were of ceramique, maybe it was thick to apply)
Yeah, it's thicker than the usual AS. But otherwise is great. And it's nonconductive:D . I currently use it with very good results, nothing to complain about.

svc.com has AS5 for $4.99 and free shipping. I have used both and they are very close with AS5 being just slightly better and they are both fairly thick. BTW, AS5 is also non-conductive.

Arctic Silver 5 is like Ceramique in many ways. It is designed solely to conduct heat and not electricity so its non-conductive to an extent, not exactly 100% but nearly there. To apply it you do not smear it over the processor die but place a blob in the centre and let the heat sink spread it out, this makes it conduct heat better as there are no air bubbles, read my AS5 and AS3 Comparison HERE

ceramique is a very god thermal paste, theres is about a 1c diff between it and AS5, if u cant get ur hands on some AS5, then ceramique is the next best thing, its also better than AS3

I personally prefer ceramique, Its completely non conductive, so i don't have any worries using it on ramsinks, GPU or anything else with lots of little contacts. It cleans up quite easily, it cools just about as good as AS5 and its dirt cheap! What more can you ask for?

I prefer ceramique as well, I think it's more forgiving (in case you get some where it's not intended). It is a little hard to spread though.

rxc said:
It is a little hard to spread though.

As I have said, it is not designed to be spread, a small "blob"W of it is placed on the CPU Core then the Pressure form the heatsink spreads out the paste. This makes sure there are no air bubbles stuck in the paste so it conducts heat much better.

Craig

Artic Silver All the way here! This thermal gel worked the best for me. I tryed so many and i found the one that keep's my Cpu at it's best and nice and cool.

Its a good idea also to give Arctic Silver some burn-in, the more burn-in you give it the lower your temperatures will be. The way I usually burn-in is using heatsink not recommended for the speed I run the proicessor at and I also raise the voltage. This isnt recommended by AMD at all and I dont accept responsibility for anything damaged if this method doesnt work for you but its how I do it.

CCW said:
Its a good idea also to give Arctic Silver some burn-in, the more burn-in you give it the lower your temperatures will be. The way I usually burn-in is using heatsink not recommended for the speed I run the proicessor at and I also raise the voltage. This isnt recommended by AMD at all and I dont accept responsibility for anything damaged if this method doesnt work for you but its how I do it.

wait...what?? how does that have to do with the heatsink u are currently using, when u take the heatsink off of the processor u are burning in w/ AS5, and replace it with the better heatsink, u will see a temp change cuz after it burns in and is left at it's final "phase", if u mess with it after in the fnl phase, the connection with the heatsink and cpu is messed up and ull have to reapply it

dalilman52 said:

wait...what?? how does that have to do with the heatsink u are currently using, when u take the heatsink off of the processor u are burning in w/ AS5, and replace it with the better heatsink, u will see a temp change cuz after it burns in and is left at it's final "phase", if u mess with it after in the fnl phase, the connection with the heatsink and cpu is messed up and ull have to reapply it

No, you leave the heatsink on, if you read what I said you raise the voltage and overclock, this is what makes the heatsink insuffcient for cooling yet you leave it on as it will rack up more heat for the burn-in and the paste will burn-in quicker. Trust me ;)

well the arctic silver keeps going back in stock and not in stock, so ill just get arctic silver 5 if its in stock whenever i order, if its not ill go with the ceramique

Bboy_Jon said:
well the arctic silver keeps going back in stock and not in stock, so ill just get arctic silver 5 if its in stock whenever i order, if its not ill go with the ceramique

I linked you to SVC where they have it for $5 with free shipping... So go ahead and order it from Newegg for $12 with shipping if you want...

Did I miss something?

Back