• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My CH-5 is bad clockers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mojoe66

Registered
My CH-5 is bad clockers on my NF7S

Got 2x256Mb Twinmos/Winbond with Ch-5 chips and they wont go over 218 Fsb at any settings,there they hit the wall.

Running a Barton 2800+ at 11,5x218 Prime stabel with water on my new NF7S.If i clock down to 216 they only need 2,6V but at 218 they need 2,9V to run prime Cl2 or CL2,5 makes no diffrense.
So whats up with these chips??

it might be your motherboard, my board doesnt like doing over 218 in dual channel :/ yet each stick on their own does 235 2-2-2-11

Well 218 is a decent fsb for a pc3200... I tested a twinmos ch-5 512mb stick and it didnt pass 207 fsb :|

strange, i was using the D10 bios, which wouldnt let me get over 218. last night i flashed in the latest 21 bios again, and memtest ran 12 hours overnight at 225, weird.

Well i`m running the 21 bios to,but it didnt help me at all. Funny thing, prime stable at 218 Fsb but at 219 fsb i get error at once.
I bought this board just to replace my old trusty 8Rda+ rev.1 to get higer fsb.

That sounds about normal for CH-5 memory. In fact, 218fsb isn't too bad. You could try lowering chipset voltage to 1.5v, that may help. You could also try disabling CPU interface, but the perfomance loss wouldn't justify the extra clock speed you'd get.

that isnt normal for bh-5 tbh. id expect much more.

the quickest way to test is to turn the cpu interface off and res-test. if you get higher with the interface off, then you know its the board.

My twinmos with m-tec chips will do 227mhz all day long at 2.7v, but not a mhz more even @ 2.9v. With the interface off they can do 235mhz @ 2.7v - but overall performance is slower.

Wargod has BH-5, Mojoe66 has CH-5. The chips in question are the CH-5 chips. If he had said BH-5, I would be a little concerned as well. Just to clarify. :)

I can't get my hyperx 3500 ch5 past 217 and be prime stable and I've tried everything its not my cpu cuz I've dropped my multi it runs memtest but anything over 217 prime stops after 2 minutes right now its priming @ 10x217 1.75vcore / 2.2.2.7 2.7v / 1.7v chipset voltage

Its the NF7-S

Oboy, running Memtest at 225Fsb no problems so it has to be my board then.
Prime at that Fsb is bang down even with the Cpu at default.
Is there anybody with a good guess on what i can do to get my board running high Fsb??
The board also needs 1,7V to the chipset to boot at 225Fsb.

I it must be my board too cuz I can run memtest @ 228mhz with 2.2.3.11 timings and no errors but I get rounding errors almost immediately as I start prime...I would also appreciate any help on getting my fsb stable after 217

Back