• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Resevoirs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Dreadnought Class Senior
Guyz, looking for that thread with the different types of custom made resevoirs, and all my searches turned up zero.

I have a closed loop running a T. My setup is as follows:

T-Line>Pump>Procore>Cpu>T-Line

I added a MCW50 and now i can't get the blasted air out of the loop.

T-Line>Pump>Procore>Cpu>Gpu>T-Line

I even scratched my new paint job on the case tilting the case over to get the air out with no success :mad: Took me 2 days to get a beautiful finish too.

I just want to take a look at the custom/Homemade resevoirs to get an idea on more or less the size and the way I should go about making it.

Any help is greatly appreciated-

Not exactly what I had in mind since i can't mount it in the back of my case, but it does point me in the right direction.

Thanx-

sup thunder? im on the same hunt as you...check this place out here and to be specific click on LABWARE thats where all the plastic containers and such are...you can use virtual hideouts tactics of drilling out holes from that tutorial on the stuff you buy from usplastics...good luck

Yeah, I know that Virtual Hideout unit is pretty ugly, but it was the only DIY I could find when I built mine - lol.

And.....

If you decide to go with a material that won't work all that well with drilling a hole & screwing in a barb then check the aquarium supply sites (or local) for "bulkheads". They aren't as cheap as threaded barbs but they're designed to be used w/ thin walled material.

Such as those here -

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merc...PA&Product_Code=BH05B&Category_Code=Bulkheads

Well thin walled materials isn't a problem. I can always use a pair rubber washers and seal with rubber silicone ;) I might go with the PVC route and add my own twist :D

Thanx for the help and ideas gentlemen :thup:

I plan on doing the same thing (PVC res on the back), except I plan on using 1 1/2" pipe and leaving it almost the entire height of the case for routing reasons...I'm going to put a plug at the bottom cap for easy draining, also. It seems to be a good idea overall.

I'm going to put a plug at the bottom cap for easy draining
Excellent idea, I do believe I'm going to have to add that one in when I rebuild to add a GPU block.

Seems like a lot of mess just to get the bubbles out faster. I don't think it cools any better.

xgman said:
Seems like a lot of mess just to get the bubbles out faster. I don't think it cools any better.

The 1 main thing you don't want in a wc system is trapped air.Having air in the system hinders the ability for the water to flow smoothly, in turn the rad and blocks will have all it's channels full of water and the pump will work more efficient thus helping drop temps.

I don't know where you got your info from, but I suggest you do your homework.

Thundr7

why not make the res as shown in the link, and just mount them inside the case (even in the same place) but just on the inside?

what i think xgman is saying is that once you get the air out of the system, 99 times out of 100 it will not cool any better then a t setup, and for the most part that is right.

what i think xgman is saying is that once you get the air out of the system, 99 times out of 100 it will not cool any better then a t setup, and for the most part that is right.
Right, a res usually won't produce better results unless the pump is submerged or something (the effects of lower intake restriction).

In this case, however, when a T-Line isn't able to properly bleed to whole system, a res is the way to go. :)

Back