• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

did I scew-up or what,wrong type memory????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grampa

after careful consideration and one heck of alot of studying,and alot of questions to my fellow ocers ,I purchased some corsair from the newegg link from ocers.com.but I think I may have hit the wrong button or been shiped the wrong memory,here is what I have xms3200 2x 256 400mhz I am about to put this rig(the one in my sig)together,have all the parts,getting very impatiant....help

also,should I have more memory since I will be folding with this rig,was going to join team 32 this weekend ,but I think I can get more by then

Folding takes up very little memory.

There's nothing wrong with your ram, were you expecting something else??? That'll run fine in a nf7. Out of curiousity is it c2 or ll? Either way it's guarenteed to do 200mhz fsb.

its C2,I know that I have alot to learn.the best way for me is to jump in and learn as I go,thanks
what is the difference between C2 and II?????

c2 has slightly tighter timings. it's not worth the hassle to upgrade (unless you get a good deal and can do it for little/no money). the LL used to have winbond bh-5 chips, which are awesome, I don't know what the c2 uses, but it's not nearly as good as the bh-5.
You can tell because the pc3200ll v1.1 has bh-5, the ll v1.2 has ch-5 that is voltage controlled (sucks for overclocking).
I recommend you read the stickies if you want to look for bh-5

Back