• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

+5 or +12v

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

makaka

hi
i whant to know the line that use asus a7n8x rev 2 for vcore it is the +12 or the +5
i have psu 450w
with 30A in +5
and 12A in 12v
only 1hdd one cd rom
my +5 is alwais stable
i need to go higher i what to know if this psu limiting my oc
if it is the 12v line it may be the psu
if +5v that mean my vcore is stable and i dont need a new psu
THANKS

Vcore voltage mod does use ground and a pot with a grapper connected to the ic. Link to pic

My bad it uses the 5v. I did notice you must of already done the vcore mod. To get more speed i would say in your case you need vapor chill to go higher on the mhz and try running heat sinks on the mosfets. You can connect 5+ directly to the mosfets to gain that .01 or so. Nice speed you running there.

Last edited:
sorry hangten
my question is wich one use asus a7n8x rev 2 for vcore +12v or 5+ line from the psu?

makaka said:
sorry hangten
my question is wich one use asus a7n8x rev 2 for vcore +12v or 5+ line from the psu?

well... the board use both to run.. but for the vcore... 5+ is the main to the mosfet which later will coverted to vcore... the better 5+ line.. the better u can overclock... most chip on the board use 5+ for power. it that answer your question;)

yes thanks for info( i know now what i need to boost exactly)
:)

Back