• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how much of a diff between a64 3000/3200?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hrhrhrFOOT

How much of a difference does it make? Is that extra 512 kb of cache really worth the extra 80 dollars? Also, what speed of an a64 would be equal to an axp-m 2.7?

Last edited:
3000 and 3200 are virtually identical. i wouldn't and didn't pay the extra for the cache.

stock 2ghz 3000+ is comparable to a 2.6-2.8ghz amd xp depending on memory speed, timings, etc.

Ah, maxvla! Just the person i was looking for. That 1337 300 fsb=:drool:

In fact, thats why i was leaning towards a 3000+ - cause you had it. Guess i will go with it.

And, ouch stock 3000=2.6 gigs? Wow... i wonder what a oced 2.5 gig one would do.

Also, what mobo to get? Shuttle an50r is OOS on newegg >_<
I was thinking about getting a refurbed gigabyte k8npro--- is that a good idea?

hrhrhrFOOT said:
Ah, maxvla! Just the person i was looking for. That 1337 300 fsb=:drool:

In fact, thats why i was leaning towards a 3000+ - cause you had it. Guess i will go with it.

And, ouch stock 3000=2.6 gigs? Wow... i wonder what a oced 2.5 gig one would do.

Also, what mobo to get? Shuttle an50r is OOS on newegg >_<
I was thinking about getting a refurbed gigabyte k8npro--- is that a good idea?
i would wait for the shuttle.. or wait for the nf3 250 boards due out the end of this month. much better boards and more manufacturers.

There really isn't a big difference. Just that the 3000 has 512KB less $... but it's also a lot cheaper than the 3200+, so I guess that's the best bang for the buck. And as for the mobo, wait for the nf3 250 boards. They will be much much better... I just hope prices are reasonable.

The gigabyte is a really good board as well.

I'd get it, then upgrade once the Nforce 3 250 boards come out.

Only thing is, i'm on a really tight budget. I mean under 100 dollars for a mobo. Should i get the asrock k8s8x mobo? It uses the sis 755 chipset, which has pci/agp locks. Its also got a nice pricetag.

sis has no pci locks just agp .maybe a new chipset will,but as of right now it doesnt.via and n3 are coming with new chipsets that are saying that they will have locks but we see.

It is, but it has very few overclocking options.

I would check out the leadtek K8N motherboard, it is very good for the money, I have one, and my only complaint is I can't find Vmods for it.

Back