• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there a big difference between a 2666mhz and 3600mhz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Pretty sure the "bus speed" in my screenshot is the Bclk.

CPUZ_BCLK.png

Damn, a bit of posting lag there. No E-Dawg post, then I hit post & it shows his post was there 19 minutes ago. :tinfoil:

I'm probably more surprised to see Winamp :D .... but so much RAM for FFXIV, I didn't know it can even use it

50GB is a lot. Not close to 128GB (64?), but still a lot!
Fair enough, but with 128gb I have soooo much more breathing/wiggle room for things like video/photo work, streaming, and a crap ton of other things I like to have open while playing. Before with 32gb, after several hours the system would lock up in the middle of a raid and give an out of memory error msg and Id have to reboot. Now with 128gb I have a smooth experience all day! I' a very happy camper.
I'm probably more surprised to see Winamp :D .... but so much RAM for FFXIV, I didn't know it can even use it
yea i got a crapton of 3rd party plugins, and mods not officially supported by the developers of the game, hence the relatively bad coding. As for Winamp, well let's just say I am old school. ;)

Lol, this. Was shocked to see that as the main user.

You game with productivity apps running at the same time, eh?

64GB may have gotten you to 3600 MHz and save a lot of money. Oh well. Enjoy! :rock:

You game with productivity apps running at the same time, eh?

64GB may have gotten you to 3600 MHz and save a lot of money. Oh well. Enjoy!
yep w/o noticeably negatively impacting my overall experience. In fact it's not quite as uncommon nowadays that one would think gamers would dare game with productivity apps running at the same time w/o affecting the "responsiveness" of the system. For me it's more ab the perceived experience than the actual performance. And while 64 GB @ 3600mhz may improve the performance, I like to think I would have a smoother experience overall with 128gb even with no improvement in performance.

Last edited:
initially with 32gb I took a screenshot when system was at max usage, when I tried to save the file I got a out of memory error message and the PC locked up on me (as in the mouse can move but clicks were unresponsive), resolution reverted to 640x480. It was only after I got 128gb when I was able to save a sc @ max usage w/o an oom error

Back