• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Push-Pull Fan Setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

craneage2001

I've noticed my water temps get about 5°C above ambient running only a CPU block (100w of heat). I'm currently running the Chevette HC with a shroud I fabricated out of cold-rolled steel and a 120x38 fan. It's an AC fan I picked up so I'm not sure of the CFMs, but it's respectable...I could easily crank out another shroud. Would a dual 120 fan setup in a push-pull config help me get my water temps down significantly? I would be possible to do space-wise, but it would be a very tight fit for hosing...

From my own personal expiernce with using procores and bixs i have never seen a decrease in temps by adding another fan. The only ways i have seen a decrease in temps is by either adding a shroud or haveing it pull air thru the rad opposed to pushing it thru.

Keep Clocking

Back