• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-7n400-L & 1800XP won't OC over 148mhz fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kikaida2003

Registered
My GA-7N400L and my 1800XP won't go over 148 fsb! Even at 148 fsb it's unstable. What gives? I've tried upping the voltage on the cpu and ram. I'm also running 512mb PC2700 ram that I've pulled out of a compaq computer. I'm thinking that its the ram or my locked 1800XP. Any tips?

Do you think by installing OCZ Performance PC3200 RAM would make a difference? Or maybe my enermax 330 watt powersupply is holding me back?

I am currently running the f7 bios. Do they actually sell already unlocked amd cpu's. I also noticed you are running pc 2100 also.

I got pc 2700 in. Since your cpu is unlocked it enables you to change your multiplier, right? I noticed your multiplier is at 12.5

yes i can change my multiplier, but the stock mulitplier for the 2800 is 12.5 so i have not changed mine

that 2700 should do pertty good, id try the OCZ. first and see what that does. since that is the easyest to test out

Try relaxing timings on u'r memory,had similar problems but mine was over 200Mhz thou....this board rocks!

Back