• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core 2 Quad temporary OC (Veterans Needed)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
On the bright side its alot more Stable overall, i would get a ram crash once or twice a day, and having 8GB is alot better then 5 stable or 7 unstable. plus i have a spare DIMM so if a stick dies i have a replacement. so im currently gonna look into getting a board with a higher FSB, and better power delivery

Looks like i should be getting that PQ Deluxe board, and bigger heatsink, so im gonna have to update you guys on how it goes. ill switch boards see how far i can get my 9400 and how far i can get his 8300 or 9300 on my current board,got what should be a better heatsink for it. atleast ive got things to do for the next while.

So i got the P5Q deluxe board
15970352_1421968377822302_1691941100_n.jpg
15970726_1421968514488955_741833259_n.jpg

these are the main settings i have to play with, and what i have them set to currently (running about 3.5) i havnt really done any optimising power wise, i kinda just pushed things up and saw it ran, did some prime95. figured id ask for feedback.

how risky is going past 1.4 on the FSB?

So i got the P5Q deluxe board
View attachment 186830
View attachment 186831

these are the main settings i have to play with, and what i have them set to currently (running about 3.5) i havnt really done any optimising power wise, i kinda just pushed things up and saw it ran, did some prime95. figured id ask for feedback.

how risky is going past 1.4 on the FSB?

It's real risky going that high with the FSB termination voltage! Why are you even touching that on a 45 nm yet?! Much less 1.4 on a 45nm! (OTOH, I had to touch that on a 65nm chip just to get a lousy 367 Mhz FSB!)

Did Windows show a bus/interconnect error report in the event log?

At the most, I would manually set it to 1.2V for now... In case it undervolted and caused a bus error...

Last edited:
1.2-1.3V - for a FSB of ~400 MHz.
1.4-1.5V – for a FSB of ~420-440 MHz (exceed 1.4V at your own risk with a 45nm chip)!
1.6V – for a FSB of ~440-475 MHz - use at your own risk with a 45nm chip!
this is from the C2Q guide i was pointed to initially

from my understanding 1.4 wasnt risky, it was anything past that. and ive seen places say 1.45 and over
the idea with these volts was i upped them to the high end of what followed intel spec, then went to 3.5, i had it up to 3.6. but the prime 95 blend test would fail super quick, the small FFTs was fine

I usually leave eveything at auto except Core until the core voltage doesn't get me stable. Next is NB then FSBT if that doesn't work.

the FSB and NB are both 3.2, my Core Voltage is up a little above intel spec and 3.6 is stable. how serious is a high Vcore if temps are fine?

So right now my only issue is sometimes i get buzzing/freezeing when watching Videos, and the blend test isnt always stable (gets errors), ive tried OCing past 3.6, at 3.7 the small FFTs seems fine but blend will blue screen instantly.
what would you guys Guess the issue is

Memory/nb instability. Small FFT test CPU only, Blend adds ram to the equation so I'd look there. PROBABLY NEED A BUMP TO nb VOLTAGE

Back