• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard for 13600k optimization/OC/Undervolting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
At a high level means, with few details. a '30,000' foot perspective. ;)

C23 suffiecient or should i be running another or multiple tests?
What do you do with your PC? A lot of rendering? You can loop Cinebench, or a stress testing application (I use the one in AIDA64).

Also, will that mean all cores run at 5.1 at all times or just that all cores will boost to 5.1 simultaneously and then go back to lower when not needed, like normal boosting?
You'll set all of the P-cores. Leave the e-cores alone. All of the P-cores should run at 5.1 GHz all the time once you manually change the CPU ratio.

At a high level means, with few details. a '30,000' foot perspective. ;)

What do you do with your PC? A lot of rendering? You can loop Cinebench, or a stress testing application (I use the one in AIDA64).

You'll set all of the P-cores. Leave the e-cores alone. All of the P-cores should run at 5.1 GHz all the time once you manually change the CPU ratio.
I will get to testing this tomorrow - then i will update with the results :)

I will get to testing this tomorrow - then i will update with the results :)
Hey Earthdog

So i was delayed - but testing it, what i think i did correctly xD But since temps in heavy load program already are and issue on this gen, it wasnt really optimal because it already reaches throttle temps from stock :p

Any suggestions on the next step to take? Ideally i would like to get the temps under control first, and from what i read my clc240 should be adequate?
But everyone around the web suggests that it is, this mortherboard generation which auto settings just overvolt the cpu's of especially the 13th gen processors.

....so.... you tried all core turbo and lowering the voltage and it was too hot for you? Now you want to do it without raising clocks? Your post isn't very clear to me.

If its the latter, you do the same thing, just don't touch the cpu multiplier. ;)

....so.... you tried all core turbo and lowering the voltage and it was too hot for you? Now you want to do it without raising clocks? Your post isn't very clear to me.

If its the latter, you do the same thing, just don't touch the cpu multiplier. ;)
Oh sorry, my bad - i didnt try messing with the voltage yet - i actually had forgotten until i read your post now, that you had told me how to do that xD ik will try to lower ther offset voltager in 0.05 increments next :)

And i will try and get thje AIDA64 program for stresstesting instead - then i can just use cinebench to monitor the performance score instead :)

Btw it is weird because, ille come back and edit this, but there was an option that seemed alot like a manual cpu multiplier - like for OC on a Z chipset. Which shouldnt be there on my chipset? Ill try and get a screenshot of the setting im talking about.

Yeah i found out that it is because the cpu multiplier is the same as every other board, except here it doesnt matter what you type ind - it always diverts to 51 - because that your only all core option :)

Last edited:
Okay, so ive done som quick testing - but i am having trouble with the voltage, i am going to OC tweaker, and i go to voltage configuration - CPU core voltage i set to offset, but then the new option that comes up i cant put in 0.05 - only thing thats worked so far is pressing + and - which then turns the setting up or down to either 5 or -5.. Every time i press . its just goes back to auto?

Okay, so ive done som quick testing - but i am having trouble with the voltage, i am going to OC tweaker, and i go to voltage configuration - CPU core voltage i set to offset, but then the new option that comes up i cant put in 0.05 - only thing thats worked so far is pressing + and - which then turns the setting up or down to either 5 or -5.. Every time i press . its just goes back to auto?
Update - still stuck at this point and cannot seem to figure it out xD

:pics:

Are you saving it (F10) before exiting the BIOS???? I really don't understand what you're saying again, lol.

:pics:

Are you saving it (F10) before exiting the BIOS???? I really don't understand what you're saying again, lol.
Yes ofc ^^

I just found out how to get screenshots out of BIOS, i will take some screenshots and post them, to better be able to explain myself!

All that you should need to do is figure out what your load voltage is... make sure the offest is negative, set a value, then compare to see what exactly it's doing. Then you know what, exactly, it's doing when you change it. ;)

The name of the game is to be stable (for your uses) at the least amount of voltage. That takes effort on your part for trial and error. ;)

Well im reading multiple different places, that undervold protection from intel is preventing most of the things i want to do, and that apparently you cannot disable it onm B760 the same way you can on a Z motherboard ? - seems like intel is trying to lock down B chipsets pretty hard as a budget option that cant rly do much and then you have to pay for the Z boards to get alle the freedom you want.. Thats what it seems like at least :p

I started googling on the subject when i couldnt find the voltage settings that you told me to look for - maybe i am looking in the wrong place, maybe theyre not there :p

But i have decided, to get the kinda freedom i want to OC and undervolt, i think im gonna buy a Z790 and sell my B760 - and just be done with it, so i can start actually playing with OC and undervolt and learn stuff about that :)
Post magically merged:

Also, thjere are lots of video guides with Z chipset and 13th/14th gen intel - so i can learn from them, and then hopefully i can come here with sopme more knowledge and maybe learn how to tweak it so it fits perfectly for my chip/silicon lottery stuff ^^

If your goal is to overclock and lower voltage, then yes, as we said when this thread started, you need Z790. You do NOT need Z790 to set a negative offset (or static voltage lower than stock) for Vcore (nor adjust Pcore CPU multiplier to a maximum of the turbo speed).

We have no idea what you're seeing (no BIOS pics/more details of what you're seeing), nor what you're reading, saying you can't disbable something (no links) so it's difficult to really help.

I don't think throwing money at a new board is the answer UNLESS you're actually trying to OVERCLOCK (read, raise P/ecores past default multipliers), but I said that when the thread started, lol. We can help you here with overclocking too, of course, lol.

If your goal is to overclock and lower voltage, then yes, as we said when this thread started, you need Z790. You do NOT need Z790 to set a negative offset (or static voltage lower than stock) for Vcore (nor adjust Pcore CPU multiplier to a maximum of the turbo speed).

We have no idea what you're seeing (no BIOS pics/more details of what you're seeing), nor what you're reading, saying you can't disbable something (no links) so it's difficult to really help.

I don't think throwing money at a new board is the answer UNLESS you're actually trying to OVERCLOCK (read, raise P/ecores past default multipliers), but I said that when the thread started, lol. We can help you here with overclocking too, of course, lol.
You are absolutely right ,and i am sorry, im still new to this in regards to what to post etc.. Im not veryu good at relaying the information xD i will do better with that, because i appreciate the help im getting!

Back