• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need help. drivers wont install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

germanjulian

complete bummer.

this morning woke up started mozilla ..... BLUE SCREEN>......

first bluescreen in well over 1 year. ok the setup and hardware for my comp havent changed in 3 months so I know it isnt hardware related. and the reason it crashed is

sy1331.sys (not sure about the first 2 letters not at home) it is the abit nf7-s rev2 sata driver that caused the blue screen!

:mad:

anyway I check my driver date and it does say march 2003. when I do windows update it tells me that I can download never certified drivers for my motherboards sata drivers. So I click update the drivers download but wont install. I go control panel hit update drivers again it downloads drivers of the internet and it wont install.

ahhhh help!

I ran my computer before with the sata drivers from the abit website for well over 2 months without blue screens. before that I did download the latest drivers with windows update but I reinstalled windoes 2 weeks later just because.
the last full instalation I thought to myself no point updating so I left it for ages. until today when I got a blue screen.

I dont know if this was a 1 off blue screen or when I get home I have another blue screen (ME worried here at work).

can anyone suggest of figure out how I update drivers which wont update (SAFE MODE MAYBE??)

try this
right click go to properties on my computer. select hardware then driver signing. select ignor and now try the windows update.

hey. ok I did reinstall the latest drivers from abit in safe mode which worked but I cant install the windows update driver from MS. still no joy.

anyway when Igot home i didnt get a BSOD and I think it was just a 1 off even. god knows why but I had my sata driver for over 3 months now and this is the first time.

Back