• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 install stalls at Starting Windows splash screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Win10 did the trick. i had forgotten about my wifes media pc that is conveniently runnign win10 and it allowed me to make a bootable usb which is currrently installing. it never ceases to amaze me when people are willing to jump in and provide help at a moments notice. You guys are awesome. And yes the win7 key still works as a win10 key!

Glad you got 10 on there. Be sure your bios is updated to the one I linked for best results for your CPU.

Win10 did the trick. i had forgotten about my wifes media pc that is conveniently runnign win10 and it allowed me to make a bootable usb which is currrently installing. it never ceases to amaze me when people are willing to jump in and provide help at a moments notice. You guys are awesome. And yes the win7 key still works as a win10 key!
Congrats but I'm wondering, why not just put the dvd in the dvd drive, why go through the trouble to make a bootable usb drive to install Win 10?

For me at least, the speed difference installing is huuuuuuge. Like, w7/8/10/11 usb install takes a few/several mins to desktop. Optical takes MUCH longer....like double at least.... even with the 2/3 minutes it takes to format and create the USB drive. Last I tried, it took like 20+ mins. I honestly haven't used an optical disk to install windows since W7 on a SATA SSD.

I don't recall seeing he had W10 optical media... so maybe he was without w10 disk?

I had the same problem when I wanted to reload Win on my old computer. It had windows7 for yrs. I looked around and asked questions. Somehow I needed to load SP1,I don't remember the fine details though.

On the other hand, you can DL Win 10 for free and use your win7 key and it will be legit.

Back