• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows installation freezes at splash screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sand dan Glokta

Registered
I'm having some trouble with my newly built PC. I'm trying to install windows 10 via usb. When I get into the bios and hit boot manager I boot from the windows usb. I click on 64 bit and once it'd done loading files it takes me to the ASUS Rog splash screen where it freezes on a half loading circle. From all the videos I've seen it should boot straight to the windows 10 installation.
I don't know what to do, please help.

Parts: Ryzen 1700x, Asus crosshair vi hero, 16gb g skill flare x, 1080ti sc2

:welcome:

I'm going to ask an obvious question here, you didn't overclock anything on the machine yet right? If so, install from stock speeds.
Try using one of the USB 2 ports instead of USB 3.
This may not play a roll in this case but usually OS install problems are RAM related.

:welcome:

I'm going to ask an obvious question here, you didn't overclock anything on the machine yet right? If so, install from stock speeds.
Try using one of the USB 2 ports instead of USB 3.
This may not play a roll in this case but usually OS install problems are RAM related.

No I just finished building the PC. Everything seems to be recognized in the bios and I'm not getting any error codes on the Q-screen on the mobo.

I would suspect that the installation media is corrupt. I would Microsoft's Media Creation web site and rebuild the install media using a different USB stick.

What is the make and wattage of the PSU?

I would suspect that the installation media is corrupt. I would Microsoft's Media Creation web site and rebuild the install media using a different USB stick.

What is the make and wattage of the PSU?

I just solved this problem last night. The usb stick was straight from Microsoft but I tried to download the Microsoft creation onto a different usb and download it that way. But alas it didn't work. So I just updated the bios to the lastest version and Windows installed without a hiccup.

- - - Updated - - -

Appreciate you guys taking the time to help.

That's weird! You wouldn't have thought board that was produced well into the Windows 10 era would need a bios update to be able to install the OS. I wonder if the bios was corrupted from the factory.

Back