• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build R5 3600, Clock watch error Blue Screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I've set up my new build today Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte Aurous Elite B450 board, Corsair 16Gb DDr4 3200 Pro Vengeance RGB ram, XFX R580 8gb

I installed Windows 10 and I can't do anything with any issues lock mouse and system lock ups with this clock watch dog error yet all the bios settings are set to stock default settings. I've had other blue screen errors and I've no idea what to do because I'm now getting frustrated I can't even install windows 7 because half way through set up loading my USB mouse and keyboard power down and nothing works not even my old usb wireless Logitech keyboard and I've disabled legacy usb mode

Clock_watch_timeout is usually to do with the CPU and memory, usually lack of voltage. Thought Windows 7 needed Legacy USB mode enabled because it can't use the USB drivers ?

The ram voltage is at 1.2v and the xmp profile isn't enabled right now as when o first did it I got an blue screen and when it was enabled it still kept the voltage to 1.2v, what would be the best voltage to set it to by past experience I was told to go up .5 up to 1.4v ???

And how of I check if voltage for 3600 is correct I thought the board would do it automatically ??

Windows 7 set up just turns off the keyboard and mouse my keyboard is a cheap RGB one but it worked fine for Windows 10 set up my mouse is a MSI d2000 and that worked fine when I installed 7 on my old machine

I cant do anything with out it BSOD on anything after about 5 mins in windows 10 it locks up and watch dog error every time I'm getting frustrated now. I've taken 1 chip of ram out and moved the other to slots 1 through 4 still the same error. And I switched it round again click watch error I've no idea what else to do I've searched everywhere for an answer but I'm lost

Your RAM needs 1.35 volts. Set that manually. If you are only using 1.2 volts, no wonder it isn't stable.

Also, do you have the latest bios installed?

Your RAM needs 1.35 volts. Set that manually. If you are only using 1.2 volts, no wonder it isn't stable.

Also, do you have the latest bios installed?

Yeah I have the latest BIOS F51 it was already installed, so I have made some progress I kept it at default settings and I have installed Windows 10 on my Crucial M2 128GB SSD I did have installed on my new Cruical BX 240GB SSD but it wasn't working right, tommorow I am going to go back to one of my old SATA cable from my old rig and see if that drive boots up in Windows for me to format. Right now I have set the voltage to 1.4v and it's multiplier so the RAM runs at 3000mhz Im going to stress test my rig playing TITANFALL 2 see how it runs

Could it just be down to poor windows 7 support? Can you try a different OS (win 10, or a linux boot drive) to confirm if this is hardware or software?

maybe you can get a live linux flash drive some distros have very good hardware diagnostics software.

I managed to get windows 10 installed and I passed my licence across from my old system to its active, the system won't run at 3200mhz bit will run at 3000mhz but the timings are massive in numbers I saw one Cycle time TRas at 50 I'll post a screen shot soon

My system seems very stable I've had to turn off XMP profile as it wont stay stable when at 3200mhz at any voltage I put it to 1.35 is what the profile switches it too but even if I put it to 1.4v it BSODs so I've had to manaully set it to 3000mhz via it's multipler and it's been running fine games like GTA5 played for hours without any BSODs. These are my timings as of now

RAM SPEED.png

Yes, Corsair memory doesn't seem to play as well with Ryzen. The best choice would be G.Skill but for some reason it is much more expensive than other brands in the UK. Seems like most in Europe go with other brands, particularly Kingston as it is relatively cheap there.

Exception seems to be my Flare X 3200 c14 T1 on Amazon, it's been going for $120-$140 (2x8gb) in the past year. Samsung B-die overclocker and was made specifically for Ryzen.

Back