• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power management not working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gimps

I have set the power management to turn off hard disks after 3 minutes. However if I let my PC sit for 3, 5, or even 10 minutes it is not turning off the hard disks.
Anyone know possible causes for this or a different method for turning off hard disks after a time period?

3 min is really a short time. 20m is the default time for w98,2k and xp. like teborg said, there is prolly a background service running, like the disk indexer service enabled by default in 2k and xp. I personally turn this hog off on every drive. Up your time to 20m and see how that works.

Actually I kind of want it at 3 mins. Setting it at 20 mins would defeat the purpose I'm trying to use this feature for.

Gimps said:
Actually I kind of want it at 3 mins. Setting it at 20 mins would defeat the purpose I'm trying to use this feature for.

ok - 3min for 'your' purpose, have you bothered to look at services that could be interferring, like we have suggested?

Back