• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit AI7 Corsair Value Select - Good Idea?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JohnnyCNote

Abit AI7 & Corsair Value Select - Good Idea?

I'm planning to get an Abit AI7 with a P4 3.0 and would like to know if this ram would do the job: Corsair Value Select

I'm not looking to do any overclocking. I mainly plan to rip & burn DVD's. My current computer does it fairly well, but I'm giving it to my brother - at least that's the cover story I'm using to justify this new project and I'm stickin' to it!

Whaddya think - about the RAM, I mean?

You would see a large improvement by getting 2 512 sticks and running them in dual channel. Price should be about the same as well.

JohnnyCNote said:
Can you give me an example of the RAM you're suggesting?

Thanks...

He was not suggesting any brand, but rather commenting on the fact that you should by 2 sticks. Dual Channel on an Intel rig really makes a big difference.

That is a dual pack, it just doesn't look like it prima facie.

I'm thinking about getting similar ram.. and I'm wondering if I could still have a 3.6 oc (3.0c) with the stuff?

And what's with ram prices? a 512mb stick of that stuff has risen over $20 in the last month.

Its nice ram, and yes it is dual channel. I think komusa still has their chips for less than that corsair stuff, but with corsair your guaranteed to get good stuff to run at its rated speed.

i bought two 512s of corsair value select about 3 weeks ago w/ an a64 mobo/chip. they are 24hour prime stable at 2.5/3/3/6 @220fsb 2.5v, the computer boots at 233 (just crossing my fingers for a magical divider) but it hosed my raptor so i cant say whether the memory would have been stable, or the chip for that matter.

all in all, im happy with the ram, and i picked it up for 79.99 per 512 in store at frys electronics if you have those out there, plus a 10$ mir per stick for an extra 20 off

Back