• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCing my 2500+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XxRyanRJxX

Registered
This is a double post from the Motherboard forum, at which they told me posting here might be more appropriate.

---

DFI Ultra Infinity
AthlonXP 2500+
Radeon 9700pro
Kingston HyperX PC3000 512MB

I can get my 2500+ to run at 190 FSB with:
7 3 3 3 2.5 timings
vCore 1.75
vDimm 3.0
Chipset 1.8

However, it is not stable. While temps will peak at 48C, games will restart after about 20 minutes. I am running with my stock HSF.
I have considered these my "max" voltages, as no one has told me I should attempt any higher yet. Would increasing the vCore (which was recommended on my other topic) be safe with stock HSF?
Will a better heatsink help, even though my temps don't seem to be the reason of instability? Are there any suggestions for getting a better speed? Thanks for any help.

you could if you wanted increase vcore on your stock heatsink, but i wouldn't reccomend it. vcore is your problem there, you need more of it, i would get a nice thermaltake slk-9xx heatsink for it

Regarding choice of heatsink, the only one around here in stores is a Cooler Max Jet7... which is at a hefty price of $55, but I have heard only good things about it.

Online, I would have my choice of anything at newegg obviously, and I was thinking of the Volcano 12. Would you recommend the slk-9xx over that?

Thermalrighs are the best

if you have holes for a bolt on heatsink id go with a SP-97 , there king for AMD cooling

if you dont have holes go with a SLK-900A

both can fit a nice 92mm fan and depending on how loud you want it to can go up to 119CFM tornado

Thermalright here you can look both up and find your board

Back