• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wow windows detected everything!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ya after looking at it lil closer. it does look lil fishy

there is no

Computer: on top of where it say steppings

ive never seen a AMD logo on one , and there in a pink tint yo the bottom half

Actually everything is legit. I only erased out the registration number..........It really does say all this, no lie.....But it did not detect or put any of that upon installation.

You can change all that with a program, I can't remeber the name if it, but its what OEM's like Dell use to put in thier logo and whatnot.

doesn't need a program to do it. Just need to make a ini file and a txt file and its fine. Dont remember offhand what site i found how to do it at but its rather easy.

Attachments

• properties.gif
    properties.gif
    39.5 KB · Views: 231
Nahh you don't need a program. I just use the program for other things also. That is "one" of the many features.

hm.... so does this actually detect your stepping ordo you have to manually insert it?

Considering that as far as I know, no CPU actually stores the stepping code internally in any way, there is no way that ANYTHING can detect that code automatically.

Besides, would be kind of hard to change one piece of data on a processor every week!! Much easier to just have one die and just let the machines run... the quality of the source materals can change from week to week along with a bunch of other factors which would effect the quality of the processor, thus the reason why we like those stepping codes so much (at least, I assume that is what it is!) The stepping codes are printed out on the label and that is the largest that the processor manufacturers want to go out of their way to denote certain batches of processors from others...

Also, there are CPU detection programs such as WCPUID out there. If there was any way to detect the stepping code, they would have had the ability a long time ago. They don't have that ability, thus it isn't possible.

Hope I was helpful!

When you right-click on My Computer, you get the System Properties screen.

To add an extra line at the top, (for example AMD Athlon XP 2700+)
Open Notepad and type the following:

[General]
Manufacturer=AMD Athlon XP 2700+

Then save the file as OEMINFO.INI here:

Windows 95/98/Me:
C:\Windows\System\OEMINFO.INI

Windows 2000/XP:
C:\Windows\System32\OEMINFO.INI
or
C:\WinNT\System32\OEMINFO.INI

The same directory may have the OEMLOGO.BMP file for customized logo that would appear under
Manufactured and supported by:

It needs to be 180 x 114 pixels max.

(For the background to be transparent, use these Red : Green : Blue values: R: 255 G: 255 B: 255 to get the same color background as the window. Or create a transparent GIF file, then convert (not rename) it to a BMP file.)

Sorry for any confusion, I just want to clarify that Windows did NOT detect my CPU. I manually did all of that information you see.

hahahaha, if only, you can read on how to change the picture in your windows properties, here http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56588

I personally put a really pretty girl there instead of the amd logo, but whatever floats your boat. You can also read a link in the link I provided about changing the info to the right of the picture. NICE ATTEMT AT A HOAKS!

*edit* opps, sorry just finished reading the rest of the posts. :p

Back