• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

prime stablity?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

makaka

hi all
i have tested two days ago my barton 2500+ runnig at 2603mhz :)with 2.00 vcore(prime 6 hours with 3 d mark 2001 toghter) stable no error en prime and no crash in 3dmark.

but yesterday when i go sleep i have leaved prime95 stress test(blend some of everythigs lots of ram tested)

result failure after 6.30 hours
pr.JPG

i have first tryed 237*11 with 1.95 vcore (prime fail after 1hours)
second 237*11 with 1.97 vcore (prime fail after 2 hours)
third 237*11 with 2.00 vcore (prime fail after 6.30 hours)

i playing in vice city and battlefiled vietnam a lot and never get any crash or probleme

how much time need prime to run to konw that the system is stable?
another question is the system stable if prime show error after 24 hours?
thanks for info

leave it on your last setting. Most will tell you its stable some will say its not stable cause it crashed.

After you feel your system is stable use it and see how it does. If it never crashes except in prime I think youre good to go but if it crashes on you on your daily programs then ease on the fsb a little.

I always run prime95 for 24 hours to make sure the system is completely stable, because if its not, it might crash on you in the middle of your game, work or whatever.
I also FOLD 24/7 so my computer has to be rock stable for F@H to compute good WUs and not corrupt them, or crash in the middle of folding

Yeah I play my overclocks conservatively cause i'd rather be safe than sorry.
I like to be 100% sure if something goes wrong it wasnt because of overclocking.

prime to get rid of another variable in case of system failure or crashes in the future

Back