• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How can I enable Powernow! features?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Runner30

I've got AMD XP-M on NF7v2.
I've searched through this forum but didn't find an answer.

Somebody told me you can use Powernow1 dashboard only on mobile computer.

Is it correct?

Thanks, Gil.

Yes, desktop mobo's don't support the powernow feature, you have to use a laptop mobo for that feature to be enabled, but why you will want it enabled anyway on a desktop? I would understand on a laptop because you want to lower the heat and save the battary, but on a desktop???

You can change multipliers on the fly with a VIA or a SiS motherboard, but not on the NF2. this feature is not presen on this chipset

You can change the multi on the fly with Via? how?!?! I'd love that, cuz I rarely need that kind of speed, and when my computer is just using the network while I sleep, no need for cpu speed.. check my sig and let me know if I can get a "on-the-fly" multi change software, and how safe it is to use, it sounds kind of fishy to me.. the chipset of the mobo is kt600 of course (a7v600 asus), latest bios.

Or do you mean it has to be a VIA board, not just the chipset? i don't get it, sorry about the trouble, but it sounds intriuging, and I'd love to be able to use it.

Trypt said:
You can change the multi on the fly with Via? how?!?! I'd love that, cuz I rarely need that kind of speed, and when my computer is just using the network while I sleep, no need for cpu speed.. check my sig and let me know if I can get a "on-the-fly" multi change software, and how safe it is to use, it sounds kind of fishy to me.. the chipset of the mobo is kt600 of course (a7v600 asus), latest bios.

Or do you mean it has to be a VIA board, not just the chipset? i don't get it, sorry about the trouble, but it sounds intriuging, and I'd love to be able to use it.
You need a special programs. And you need the mobile bridge on your cpu closed. Also this will not provide a better OC or more stable one MHZ wise. Also it will be kinnda pointless since u cant change voltages on the fly (need a real laptop to do that). So dont expect that much of a temp drop on idle by decreasing the multiplier, max 5*C IMO. For a real cooling u need on the fly voltage control which isn't avaible on desktop boards.

Back