• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte's Nforce3 250

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Can't change the multiplier on that board...too bad. Would've been nice for a killer DTR setup. :( I'm anxious for the new VIA agp/pci locked KT800PRO. Hopefully ABIT will make another OC stunner like they did with the KV8-MAX3. Need those locks!

Northern Expose said:
Can't change the multiplier on that board...too bad. Would've been nice for a killer DTR setup. :( I'm anxious for the new VIA agp/pci locked KT800PRO. Hopefully ABIT will make another OC stunner like they did with the KV8-MAX3. Need those locks!

Sorry to ask this (Ive been meaning for a while), but of what importance is an agp/pci lock? I dont understand what factor they play in an OC. thanks.

wannaoc said:
If you don't have the agp/pci lock then you can't control how high it goes. Get too high and it causes hdd corruption.

Does my board have such a thing? Or should I even worry about it? My OC is nothing out of this world.

Ok, so if I had two computers hooked up to the same cable modem, the one with Gigabyte Ethernet will have a faster connection? Is it noticable?

No because cable and dsl rarely top 2-3Mbps, so you're not going to limit yourself by not having a GB nic.

rassler said:
Ok, so if I had two computers hooked up to the same cable modem, the one with Gigabyte Ethernet will have a faster connection? Is it noticable?

Well...No.

The connection would only be as fast as is weakest point. Say your cable modem was 2 Mbits/sec then that's what you'd get 2 MBits/sec.

IMO Gigabyte Ethernet is great for networks. Networks running that speed.

Busty St. Clair said:
um the kt800pro was found not to have a working pci/agp lock in the review of an abit board with it in it.

http://www.nickgoodall.org/kv8pro/review1.htm

Not the right chipset there like mentioned... The actual k8t800pro has also been found by otheres to have it, namely Inquirer and Xbit labs, while ABIT marketing according to Gautum has said that there are no PCI/AGP locks. So keep your eyes open on all the sources.

AGP/PCI lock controls the PCI bus speed and the AGP bus speed and lets you keep it at a certain frequency, regardless of the front side bus speed. This makes overclocking easier, because you don't have to worry about PCI dividers and the limiting factors are just the CPU and RAM.

Last edited:
Back