• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Am I unreasonable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deeppow

Ordered a M-2600 from eXcaliber, an IQYHA0348TPMW. It'll run default but give it a little voltage and apply a load (Prime95) and the system clicks off. Got 8 various cpus that run fine on this hardware with no such problems.

I RMAed and they returned it saying it runs at defaults and they refuse to exchange. I don't mind when I get products that don't perform at high levels (luck of the draw) but to me this is clearly a very marginal chip at best and has a problem.

I've bought tons of stuff from a number of vendors but I've never had one be as hard noised as eXcaliber is. They've stone walled me and refuse to do anything. Am I being unreasonable? :(

Yes. It appears the chip doesn't like any overvoltage. Would suggest to me there is an internal problem with the chip.

It doesn't reboot. It is dead till you take power off the motherboard.

If the chip fails to run at stock voltages and stock frequency, then you should be able to get a refund.

Actually in saying that, you break the AMD warranty by running it in a desktop. Overclocking is not guaranteed.

You only have a case if it doesn't do what it is supposed to.

even though there are certain expectations as a customer to try and deal with what they have obtained, I think it is reseller's duty to meet up with what customer is asking, especially when customers are unsatisfied with a product. I'm sure newegg would replace the chip right away.

oc_byagi said:
even though there are certain expectations as a customer to try and deal with what they have obtained, I think it is reseller's duty to meet up with what customer is asking, especially when customers are unsatisfied with a product. I'm sure newegg would replace the chip right away.

If eXcaliberPC sold as well as Newegg, I'm sure they would have replaced it as well.

oc_byagi said:
. I'm sure newegg would replace the chip right away.

i can't stand when people do this, when you get something that doesn't oc as fast as you want it to, or you kill it, they return it. it just drives up prices for everyone else. when they have to replace something that is working. they have to pay for the new one for you....

Well, since it runs as it is supposed to, I think you have no justification for an rma.

I also won't castigate anybody who TRIES to return in your situation, but if the vendor won't accept it as a valid reason for return...well, I'd say they are justified:
the chip DOES perform as it is supposed to, just not as well as other, similar chips.

Sorry my friend, but you asked and that is my opinion.

oc_byagi said:

if you told newegg what he just said they would not rma it

if i sell you a car that goes and i say it goes 120 mph

you cant return it becuase it doesnt go 130 mph

rmaing it is unethical and will at least get this thread locked and at most get you banned

deeppow said:
Am I being unreasonable? :(

YES.

If it runs as intended by the manufacturer, you haven't a leg to stand on, regardless of the vendor.

Running a mobile CPU in a desktop isn't "as intended", so you're off right there, before you even get into any lack of overclocking.

Overclocking it furthermore voids your (or any) claims to warranties or refunds/replacement.

'nuff said.

Do not RMA it. It, by definition, IS NOT BROKEN. It just does not do what you want it to do.

Mr B
Forums Moderator

yes!!!

i hate to say it but your chip runs at default setting and thats all that matters to excal or any other company. i doubt very much that any company would send you another chip just becould you cant overvolt that 2600. sorry dude that sucks.

did you up the fsb anyways cuz there is a sh** load of peps clocking 2.4 and up on stock vcore? give it a try if you have not yet :D

yes
as al romero say just drop the multilicator and up the fsb 2400mhz with 240*10 with default vcore is possible
there is also another way u can nuy it to someone that dont want to overclock and get a new one

Back