• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

no mounting holes for a WW... need some help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drsomewhat

i am so damn depressed... i completely prepared my xaser 3 for watercooling, installed jr-120 and my eheim 1250, tubing was almost done. WHen i was estimating the lenght of tubing for my whitewater CPU block, i took up my GIgabyte GA-7NNXP and laid it in the case... and then i realized... it has no cpu mounting holes...

What should i do?
Should i get a dangerden RBX with the socket clip? SHould i try to drill holes? Should i buy a new mobo with mounting holes?? Im looking for whatever would be the quickest fix.

If anyone has a guide on drilling mounting holes let me know, i just dont know if it would be smart on the 7NNXP.
Anyone know if DangerDen sells stuff outside of their website, i.e. in stores?

Email dangerden and see if they have any of the maze1-c socket hold downs. It might not fit a WW exactly, but it'll be easy to mod it with a dremel to fit your needs.

If it comes down to it, I have an Epox 8RDA+ that is just sitting here that has mouting holes. I would be willing to trade you for the shipping costs.

im going to give up on this WhiteWater... maybe ill stick it in my alternate computer if i get a mobo with mounting holes for that.

i ordered a DangerDen RBX with a mounting clip for my main computer, ill be fine with thatm got it with accelerator nozzles. Its a shame i cant use the whitewater, maybe ill put it to good use or sell it.

drsomewhat said:
im going to give up on this WhiteWater... maybe ill stick it in my alternate computer if i get a mobo with mounting holes for that.

i ordered a DangerDen RBX with a mounting clip for my main computer, ill be fine with thatm got it with accelerator nozzles. Its a shame i cant use the whitewater, maybe ill put it to good use or sell it.

should be easy to sell, since they are hard to obtain atm....

Back