• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thoughs on DDen cores

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would just go to autozone and get their 1977 boneville heatercore, great for 2 X 120mm. has 1/2" in and 1/2" outlets once you cut the tubes off. you can add barbs yourself if your comfortable to sweat the fittings on. even if your looking for a smaller core its much cheaper to do yourself. pm me if you have questions I just finished mine up today.

If i ordered it from dden it would definately be the double core with shroud. The core i was going to get from AZ would be around $30-40 alone and then i'd have to get barbs and put them on and get a shroud, etc. For $50, i can get it all pre-made from dden. My question was regarding their quality though. Anyone know?

77 bonneville (w/ ac) core is about $20 after tax from autozone or the other chain autoparts stores. if they try to charge more than that, go elsewhere.

modding the 77 b'ville core:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25182
1st page covers the mod -
read the 4th page so you will know how to spot the solid copper core vs. the brass verison of the core before you go to buy one - the copper ones are a bit easier to mod. :)

you should be able to get something like this for around $50 if you build it yourself:
hcwshroudfans1.jpg

im at around $30 on my 77 boneville core. easy to modify if your not comfortable maybe someone here would help you out with it.

the part number for it at autozone is 399078 made by GDI. 17.99 + tax

Back