• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Waterblock for the A64's ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CandymanCan

Disabled
All i know is the Dangerden RBX block, i was ganna stick with dangerden but i noticed the RBX block doesnt touch the whole Heatspreader of the cpu i assume that will not be good for cooling, or does it not matter.

Can u guys show me a link if they have one for reviews of waterblock for the A64's ?

Or can u recomend diff kindso f blocks for the A64 cpu's?

Na i like the Clear tops. Btw why does the block have 3 Barbs, i only use 2 and only need 2 so what would the 3rd one be for ?

Also im assuming th ose black brackets the A64 board have can be remooved for the waterblocks right ?

the poly topped ones are known to crack on people thats why ive recommended the copper top....the RBX has 3 barbs also...but since you didnt know say you have a GPU and NB block you can use the right or left barb to go to the GPU or NB and vica versa with the left barb...or as many people do is use a Y connector and connect the 2 tubes from the left and right and combine them into one....the 3 barbed water blocks seem to perform best...you would have to use the Y connector either way you go unless you have a RES with to entries and 1 exit...see what im sayin???

So umm, i need to use a Y connectoer ok, but how would that be setup, the block having one way water going in and 2 ways going out ? or the other way around, that doesnt sound very flow Effienct to me..., or like u said i understand now, so the middle Barb is where the water goes in and the right and left barb go out connecting to the Y connector. Ok sound easy.

I had a clear top from DD, the maze 3 since they came out and it hasnt cracked. I get ur point tho.

What about the brackets on these boards.

Here is Situmans setup and this is pretty basic and how the Y connector connects and everything so it gives you an idea of what you will be looking forward to and no it doesnt mess up the flow and yes the brackets come off...how do you think people install SP-94's/97's....
attachment.php

Ok thanks for all youre help, i will take that waterblock into consideration. Since the Epox 8KdA3+ NF3 250 board isnt out yet, i still have alot time to decide what to get. I wish the board was out now cuss its a monster overclocker in reviews and has vitually no problems at all.

About the bracket thing, i was just double checking since iv never had a board or worked with one with brackets before.

Back