• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pics of Chevette Heatercore? who has em?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[KX3]rAge

Hey, Just out of interest, does anyone have some pics of their WC system with the chevette heatercore used??
I'd like to see as I plan on getting one...
Thanks

DSCF0173.jpg

DSCF0174.jpg

i have to flush my system and use some different coolant, cause that color its turned is really ugly (started out with clear zerex protector :(). the front used to have a screen thing on it that had some fabric material from a speaker on it so it didnt look so ugly, but now i just leave that off.

awesome! looks good!
that is very similar to my case, if I cut out the bottom four 3 1/2" drive bays, which I will to fit in the heatercore, just like yours is...
is that case 17" high? and possibly 19" long? because it looks relativly the same size as mine
is there any performance loss between having it standing upright, or on it's side like you have it?
any more pics anyone?

my case is only 18" long. you can position the heatercore any way you want.

zip22 said:
my case is only 18" long. you can position the heatercore any way you want.
alright, good to know
more pics anyone?!
come on! you know you want to! ;)

Its all 1/4in. lucite hot glued together. I did not take any pics while I was making it but I have a few more pics of an earlier model that had the fans directly on the HC without the sides .

Nice pics guys! keep em comin!
@ coolroyboy2, does that 90 degree turn in your tubing have a major effect on temps? it looks like it would...unless that part of the tubing is carrying water that has already been through the block and is on it's way back to the rad

either way, it would hurt flow (flow wich should be conserved with that pump).

omg acid thats a nice case. isnt it the antec? hows the rbx n the maze gpu? and one more question why did you put the res up there?

The tubing I bought was unable to make the bend so I was forced to use the 90's.
This is on a 2500 Barton 200x11 @stock voltage. I will check load temps tonight but as I type this room temp is 68F and my temp sensor under the block says 27.1C .

nice setup SOShootME! that looks awesome
how hard was it to stretch the tubing over the stock fittings on the HC?
also how easy do the fittings on an 86 chevette heatercore colapse? like how tight would you have to tighten the hose clamps before you do any damage?

Back