• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I just flushed and filled my system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cypher_138

I put this loop together about a year ago. Yesterday I decided to change the coolant and blow out the heatcores and case. I 've been vacuuming the HC's weekly but there was so much funk after I took the shrouds and fans off and blew them out. After folding two clients through the night I checked my temps and here's what I got...
22c.jpg

(The temps are 22c on the CPU and 26c on the MB since it's a bit small.)
I figured I'd post this for anyone who's been putting off any routine maintenance. The results are worth the efforts by far. :D

cypher_138 said:
I put this loop together about a year ago. Yesterday I decided to change the coolant and blow out the heatcores and case. I 've been vacuuming the HC's weekly but there was so much funk after I took the shrouds and fans off and blew them out. After folding two clients through the night I checked my temps and here's what I got...
22c.jpg

(The temps are 22c on the CPU and 26c on the MB since it's a bit small.)
I figured I'd post this for anyone who's been putting off any routine maintenance. The results are worth the efforts by far. :D

and your temps before flushing?

I have a few systems I need to do that too.....
But I probably won't.

Not until I have stability problems anyway. :D

Nice temp improvement though- I've seen similar positive change when cleaning things out as well, I'm just too lazy to DO it until I have heat related issues.

yeah wtf is your system?

im running much higher (high 30-s to 40-s until i change out my system and clean things)

also, what client is that? my folding client is quite different to that, any display i can get with it is a screen showing a visual image of a protein chain...

Just a note on the actual reported temps-

Don't pay too much attention to them as far as comparing them to another system.
I am NOT saying they are wrong, per se, simply that temp sensors are notoriously inaccurate in general.
Even two identical systems can report different temps due to variations in the sensors etc......

The numbers to pay attention to are the differences before and after cleaning- 3 to 5 c drop SIMPLY from cleaning the system is an excellent gain!

Rogerdugans is right, another thing to add onto that is that each person's area temp they live in is Diff.

Some people live in very cold area's, some people like me live in very hot and Muggy area's.

Watercooling will only go as cold as the Air temp around you. If youre a ir temp goes up youre cpu temp will go up, same goes for temps going down. Since he has 22c cpu temps, It could many reason's.

Alot of people including me back then used to go crazy wondering how someone with the same Setup as me was getting such way lower temps then me. I am Curius tho how did you get youre temps to be 22c thats like 55F, you must have something under that watercooler to achive those temps.

The temps are from rig 1 which is a 2.8C @3.5, (it's all she'll give me.:() The specs are in my sig with pics of it in my profile. Yeah I take the sensors with a grain of salt myself too. I just use it as a rough estimate since I use Asus probe each time, it'll show changes like Roger said. I'd like to break it all down and re-do the plumbing and clean the blocks out one day. In the mean time I just flushed and filled since I've used this coolant a few times. Candyman, 22C is 71F which would mean I was around room temp. What surprised me was even though I vacuumed and blew the HC's out while they were shrouded, there was still a bunch of stuff in them. The coolant I used was distilled water with 15% Zerex SRC with a few drops of blue dye.
As for the F@H client, it's the console version which I would highly recommend over the graphical one. It only crunches the proteins since it doesn't have graphics to render so it's a little quicker. All I did was right click the window and change the colors to distinguish between the two.
I started this thread for anyone who's been putting off any routine maintenance like I had.;)

Back