• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help on where to buy parts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jumpdrive

Registered
i am gonna get a water cooling system. but i dotn knwo where to get one from. can u please help? also which system do u reccomend.

Yeah the stickies helped me out with most of my questions. I ordered all my wcing stuff today from voyeurmods.com frozencpu.com and dangerden.com

Most people on here will recommend that you create your own custom setup. It seems this way is most often better performing, a lot more customizable, and sometimes cheaper.

Good luck!

isnt it hard to make ur own kit. worring about miss matching parts and what not. can i give me some tips.

custom kits are not hard. the only compatibility issue you might run into is barb size.

for a custom setup, you need:

a pump to move water
tubes to carry the water (usually 3/8" or 1/2")
stuff to get heat from hot things (e.g. a waterblock to fit on the cpu)
stuff to get the heat out of the case (radiator or heatercore from a car)
a place to put in or take out water (inline t or a resevior)
clamps to make sure none of the tubes leak.

basically, when picking parts, make sure they are all 1/2" for instance. the waterblock, pump, radiator, resevior (or T-line) all usually give you the option of what size barb you want. just make sure they all match.

good luck!
david

k thanks. also how would u add a gpu cooler and a hd cooler to the cycle?

watercooling a hdd is useless....but a gpu, just make sure it uses the same barbs and put the hoses on it.

Back