• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AquaXtreme Pump Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Senater_Cache

PUMP

The above pump seems to be the same as the MCP600 in all respects.
I have been unable to find info about differences (similarities) between the Aquaxtreme and the MCP600 rev2 pump however.

Is the above Aquaxtreme revised to also have the fix which the rev2 of the MCP offered?

I also noticed that if purchased at Dtek, one gets a 90 day pump warranty, while one gets a two year warranty if purchased from Cooltechnica.

Quote Cooltechnica:
"WARRANTY:

Cooltechnica.com warrants the AQX-50Z-DC12 pump against defects in materials or workmanship for a period of two(2) years from the date of purchase, and agrees to repair or replace any defective AQX-50Z-DC12 pump without charge**

Shipping costs are non-refundable.

This warranty is non-transferable. All warranty claims must be accompanied by the original proof of purchase.

**WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER: DAMAGE RESULTING FROM ACCIDENT, MISUSE OR ABUSE, LACK OF REASONABLE CARE, SHIPPING DAMAGE, MODIFICATIONS, THE AFFIXING OF ANY ATTACHMENT NOT PROVIDED WITH THE PRODUCT, OR OPERATING COMPONENTS AT SPEEDS OR FUNCTIONS OTHER THAN THOSE SPECIFIED. "

whats teh deal with Dtek?? or am I just not seeing the real Dtek warranty..

please help as I am about to purchase a pump.

It comes from the same producer that makes the Swiftech pumps, so my guess is that they do not halt the productionline to make a better pump to swiftech then go back to make a inferior pump and sell to others when a flaw in its design has been discovered. It would be easier if you contact D-tek and ask them directly, i think.

I have both one of the very first Swiftech MCP600s and an AquaXtreme. The impeller housing is slightly different; presumably the AquaXtreme is the same as Swiftech's new revision.

Senater_Cache said:
PUMP

The above pump seems to be the same as the MCP600 in all respects.
I have been unable to find info about differences (similarities) between the Aquaxtreme and the MCP600 rev2 pump however.

Is the above Aquaxtreme revised to also have the fix which the rev2 of the MCP offered?

I also noticed that if purchased at Dtek, one gets a 90 day pump warranty, while one gets a two year warranty if purchased from Cooltechnica.

Quote Cooltechnica:
"WARRANTY:

Cooltechnica.com warrants the AQX-50Z-DC12 pump against defects in materials or workmanship for a period of two(2) years from the date of purchase, and agrees to repair or replace any defective AQX-50Z-DC12 pump without charge**

Shipping costs are non-refundable.

This warranty is non-transferable. All warranty claims must be accompanied by the original proof of purchase.

**WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER: DAMAGE RESULTING FROM ACCIDENT, MISUSE OR ABUSE, LACK OF REASONABLE CARE, SHIPPING DAMAGE, MODIFICATIONS, THE AFFIXING OF ANY ATTACHMENT NOT PROVIDED WITH THE PRODUCT, OR OPERATING COMPONENTS AT SPEEDS OR FUNCTIONS OTHER THAN THOSE SPECIFIED. "

whats teh deal with Dtek?? or am I just not seeing the real Dtek warranty..

please help as I am about to purchase a pump.

I was also interested in that pump from cooltechnica.com and when I called, they told me it is the rev2(same as swiftech mcp600 rev2) and the rev1 is not made anymore. and that pump is exactly same as swiftech mcp600 rev2.

Back