• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Redid Tubing, Change Water, etc. *PICS*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Liquid_Cooled

hey people, i have a question, should i add deep blue dye to my water like i did before? before i was using water wetter/deionized water/deep blue dye, but this mixture clouded up the tubing. so i bought new tygon tubing. right now im using pentosin/distilled water . if i add the deep blue dye, will this stain my tubing ? oh yea, witch do you thinks looks better, the blue water, of the clear water?

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 511
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 432
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 387
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 395
wow, that is beautiful. :)
as for the dye you might add some to give it a slightly "bluer" tint
but i like the light water color like that.
and i have no idea about it clouding or staining the tubes.
i just dont think it would look very good with a dark colored dye. with all the light in there
and again that looks very clean, good job on getting it to fit in there.

~Magick_Man~

Think the color of old fluid complimented the face of your case better.
Dye I've tried so far stained my home depot vinyl, switched to colored tubing.

thanks for the compliments! i have a 2 optical drives in the 5.25' bay, and my harddrive is located above the optical drives, i dont have a floppy drive, i just use thumbdrives.

Both look good. I'm partial to the tinted look though. I hope my next setup will be as beautiful as yours.

seriously a link to those lights would be nice. And damn are those tubes clear!! way clearer then Clearflex tubing. Two bad its 2 bucks a foot.

Very nicely done.

That's a very very nice setup you have there. Personally, I think if you use white ccfl's you don't need to add a color to your water. I like the "cristal clear" looks. :cool:

That is a very nice looking setup... wish I would get my equipment back from being marked (a level project) so I could set things up :/

im just using dual 12" white ccfl's. actually, when i first got them, i turned them on whenever the computer is on, but after about 2 hours, the converter (that box that connects to the molex) burnt out. i got a new convertor, it burnt out too. so right now, i just have them off and turn them off whenever i want to see the inside. this has also happened to my dual blue CCFL's. the brand of CCFL's is Vastec. has anyone else had this problem before?????

I like the old color better... But either way, your setup looks awesome. And that tygon is *much* clearer than my clearflex60... Doesn't matter anymore, 'cause I just got my order of blue UV tubing :D

Liquid_Cooled said:
hey cyrix! when you do get the uv tubing, can you take a few pictures of it?
got it from crazy pc... I'll take some pics when I get my new case (Full-tower chieftec matrix in sky-blue w/ window) on monday. Right now the tubing is just sitting on my floor waiting to be installed.

n/m, took a pic anyway... :)

Attachments

• IM003699.JPG
    IM003699.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 510
That blue tubing looks good. I saw it at crazypc and thought about getting some for myself but decided to hold off until I saw it in someone’s case. Now I’ll finally get to se it. I can’t wait to see that full tower Chieftec setup. It should be awesome.

FizzledFiend said:
is this stuff from crazy tygon, cause I can't get those sorts of bends with my vynil, and whelp the zipties are a freakin turn off for me :)
Feels like clearflex60 to me, but then again I don't know what tygon feels like... I'll take a pic later of the bend radius...

Crazypc says it's "PrimoFlex"... Whatever that is...

linky

Back