• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Emergency HELP NEEDED!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spinout113

Registered
Hey everyone...
well I jumped for a swiftech kit and im not having a good time at all :confused:
Basicly, the cpu in idling at 45c in bios and the entire kit barely moves water. What Happens is the pump pumps but only little dribbles of water move so nothing gets cooled. I have attached a picture w/ red circles around big air sections....Did i miss something!?!?!?! the instructions said to take out 2 plugs from the pump but I didnt find any :-/ Anyone!!! Please help...Also, the pump sounds bubbles a lot which makes an annoying noise. Any advice?!!? Is the pump not powerful enough to move the liquid?? Thanks!!!!!!

-Jason

]
attachment.php

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_0432.JPG
    Copy of IMG_0432.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Ok....i fixed it a little bit...but its stilll not working. I removed the second rad on the blowhole and that helped w/ the flow a bit. But I still cannot remove all the air pockets and replace it w/ water. How am i supposed to do that?? Its so bad that i idle at 48c :( . Sometimes an entire tube will not have any water when i turn it on its side . Please help!

yes it does, and something looks wrong. i belive that pump is quite powerful, but that setup looks very restrictive, and it's possible you got a bad pump. plus i dont see a reservoir, so im guessing you filled the tubes with water and just connected them to the pump and turned it on, which is a very bad idea, you need at least a T-line to make sure you get all the air out and as much liquid in as possible, there must be a lot of air in there. Also, did you set up the radiator fans so they pull air through the rad? also, are you overclocked? because 45c idle for that system is ok if it's overclocked a lot, if not, that's bad.
*edit* ok, im guessing your problem here is that you have no reservoir or T-line, so you cant freely add more water or get the air out properly. stop using the system until you set up a res. or T-line.

you haven't filled it correctly, and stop running it NOW or you'll ruin your pump

the pump inlet has to be primed at all times (water available for it to suck, the part that's pointing down in the pic is the inlet) I can see in the pic there's just a lot of air before the pump! that means the pump's running dry and will die soon!

you have to add water and tilt the system so that the water will flow infront of the pump. then you turn the pump on till it runs out of water again. repeat. eventually the whole system will be full and you'll have an infinite loop.

but please don't turn your system on till you have the water going... and leaktested!

The top radiator inlet, one of them looks like it's all air. It's not good to have ANY air bubbles like that in your loop.

You need to get all the air out, you'll ruin your pump if you keep running it like that.

The pump could be air locked.

If there is air inside the pump, it will just sit and spin the prop all day long and not move anything, and not have any fluid for cooling (the water running through the pump usually cools it as well). Pumps are just as lazy as the rest of us, if it can spin free all day, why would it want to push water around through tubes. ;)

He doesnt need a Tline or a Res. he has the Fill & Bleed kit !!

It looks to me as though you did not leak test at all. Here is what you do.
Take all the WC components out of your system (pump, rads, blocks, etc.)
and put them somewhere where you have space. Have them be all connected as if they were in your computer. Now fill the entire lenght of the setup with water (using a funnel or whatever) position the stuff so the tube leading into the inlet of the pump is filled with water. Now run your pump and make sure you have the fill and bleed kit set so it allows water to flow through the system. Periodically refill the system through the F&B kit whenever you see large quantities of air. Once al this is done and there are no leaks after a good 12 hrs of use (outside the case). You are ready to install the components.

I have never used a F&B kit so anyone who has , please help this poor guy out before he wrecks his stuff.
Im also not a very good system filler. Ask som more people for advice.
BUT WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT KEEP RUNNING YOUR SETUP. As long as it looks like it does in your pic !!!

SenC.

ya man, exactly

a common misconception is that pumps will pull the water towards it by sucking on the air. this is not so, air passes freely through the pump, only water is pushed by it.

sounds like you need to bleed the system the pump from the pic looks like there is alot of air in the inlet if you cant get it out put a bleeder in front of the pump and one at the top of the system

Thanks a lot for all the quick (and especially helpful) replies. Can anyone who has used this fill and bleed kit from swiftech please give me an overview as the manual isnt so great on explaining how to get it working.Thanks!

I also noticed a lot of the water pumped out of the pump is very bubbly, almost like a jacuzi lol. Is this supposed to happen? I ended up removing the blowhole rad to just get it working but it looks as if i will be rebuilding it anyways. SHould I put the second rad back. Any other hints on getting the water to move, or does the kit just need to be completely filled to do anything? When leak testing, should i keep the system filled and then install it?? Again, Thanks to EVERYONE on this forum who has informed me about everything. I started not knowing how water cooling works and now im building a kit and w/ everyone's advice, i think it will end up pretty good. :cool:

Spinout113 said:
SHould I put the second rad back. Any other hints on getting the water to move, or does the kit just need to be completely filled to do anything? When leak testing, should i keep the system filled and then install it?? Again, Thanks to EVERYONE on this forum who has informed me about everything. I started not knowing how water cooling works and now im building a kit and w/ everyone's advice, i think it will end up pretty good. :cool:
you can put the second rad back in, but make sure you get the air out of it, and yes, any water cooling system has to be completely full of water for it to work properly, you had way too much air in that first picture. as a rule, any air in a water system = bad ;) good luck.

all that fill and bleed thing is is two t-lines with valves. what i would do is place it at the highest point in the system, get a y-adapter for the fill lines, and pour as much water as possible into it. make sure the water filters down to the pump inlet (may take some persuastion). since it has valves you can put your case at all kinds of angles to move the liquid through. once you have the pump well primed, add as much liquid as possible to it and fire it up. the air bubbles will work their way up and out through the t-lines. keep filling as needed. once it does start circulating on it's own it's just a matter of time till all the air comes out (usually a day or two). you'll see air bubbles getting caught on fittings, in the rad, etc. just knock 'em around to set them loose. have fun :)

Back