• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oh No

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jaydog

Sorry if everone is tired of talking about this but i only have one quick question. I have read through the othe posts but I am confused as to wheater this thing will work on the Abit IC7 Max3. On the compadibility list it says it is compadable up to 3.4V tested, but in the forums I read that it is not posible because of the non working VTT on this mobo. Which is correct? Would I still need to do the volt mod?

Last edited:
im taking for granted your talking about ocz's ddr booster. they need a more solid name than "ddr booster and diagnostic device"?

any how it will work but you need a vtt mod on the mobo for it to work correctly.
the vtt is a voltage that is half the vdimm and it doesnt track the voltage correctly when useing the device so it needs to be done manually.

ive not yet spoken with anyone who owns an ic7 and tried the booster.id just like to see how high you can go and work without the vtt mod itself.

No need to double post- just edit.

Im not sure why they would say it is compatible if its not. Im sure it would be grounds for returning it if it was not after they said it was.

It makes the board worse if you crank the volts without a VTT mod. The system becomes more unstable. With the VTT mod however the booster makes this board a champ...even something to challenge the P4C800

Back