• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Water Cycle

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beau_zo_brehm

I'm watercooling and would like to know the order in which the water should flow to different units. res->pump->rad->???????

im so confused. i have 3 waterblocks: northbridge, cpu, and video card.... what order should things be going in?

it doesnt matter at all but id suggest cpu -> northbridge -> video card.

but its all up to you.

Sophisticated said:
how about this flow order which i intend to use....

Pump>Rad>CPU>NB>GPU>Res>Pump

that sounds good, but i have a question!!!! wont the hot water being transfered from the cpu go to the NB and then all that heat to the GPU? :confused:

haha water cooling system water temperature doenst change much only about 1 degree C man so it doesnt really matter at all.

paki said:
haha water cooling system water temperature doenst change much only about 1 degree C man so it doesnt really matter at all.

thx :beer:

can ya tell im new at this? :p

paki said:

It depends on the tempature of the water after it exits the radiator and on the tempature of the CPU, cooling a prescott could heat the water up and take away from efficient GPU cooling.

Syx said:
It depends on the tempature of the water after it exits the radiator and on the tempature of the CPU, cooling a prescott could heat the water up and take away from efficient GPU cooling.
Have you actually done the math, or are you just making it up as you go? If you have done (or now have to do) the calculations, show us the numbers. How about 150W from that Preshot and a gallon/minute of water.

SwampThing said:
Have you actually done the math, or are you just making it up as you go? If you have done (or now have to do) the calculations, show us the numbers. How about 150W from that Preshot and a gallon/minute of water.

looks like cat got his tongue :p

SwampThing said:

150watts equals 129,063 calories per hour.

one gpm equals 227,124.7 milliliters per hour.

129,063 calories will raise the temperature of 227,124.7 milliliters of water by 0.568C.

Graystar said:
150watts equals 129,063 calories per hour.

one gpm equals 227,124.7 milliliters per hour.

129,063 calories will raise the temperature of 227,124.7 milliliters of water by 0.568C.

which means........ no worries? :thup:

which means........ no worries?

Which means route the cpu first and however it's easiest to route after (generally cpu, vid, nb with thick walled 1/2" tubing)

BTW- I also use the phrase "no worries" on occasion and was wondering where you picked it up.

Guderian said:
Which means route the cpu first and however it's easiest to route after (generally cpu, vid, nb with thick walled 1/2" tubing)

BTW- I also use the phrase "no worries" on occasion and was wondering where you picked it up.

ehh, idk what else was i supposed to say? "no problems"

but in what time frame??
You see, when you have a heatsource that is adding this heat continously over time, you need to worry about getting as much heat out of the system as you are putting in.
Everybody is touting with math, yet nobody has any clue as to what sort of radiator the guy is using.
@beau_zo_brehm...
The water should reach the strongest heatsource at its coolest temperature (after the rad and pump, in that order).
You in fact do have to worry about the NB and GPU dumping more heat into the water, not in the sense of system-overheating, but it will add significantly more heat to your loop.
PLease state what type radiator you are (or plan on) using and all the mathematical gurus will be able to tell you something that is relevant to your problem.
Make sure your rad-fan is sucking cold (external) air through your radiator and into your case.
so...what rad is it?
are you kidding??
SenC.

Senater_Cache said:
I am sorry I shouldve said it in my prior post, but what are your components...CPU,GPU,Blocks, and pump.

BTW-I use that same rad ;) But I am only cooling my CPU

pump: Eheim 1048 http://dangerden.com/mall/Pumps/Pump_eheim.asp

cpu WB: White Water Waterblock http://www.dtekcustoms.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=108

gpu WB: Danger Den MAZE4 GPU http://dangerden.com/mall/blocks/maze4gpu.asp

nb WB: FSB Northbridge Cooler http://www.dtekcustoms.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=92

I would strongly advise you to use a stronger pump than the 1048 in conjunction with the WhiteWhater and two more blocks. seriously, do some more research before making this purchase.
Minimum I would use for that tri-block setup especially with one of them being a WW, is a 1250.
Recommendations from me would be D4 (DangerDen12v, MCP650) or MCP600 (AquaXtreme 50-z)
If you really want to keep that pump however, I would either switch to an MCW6002 or downgrade to a Maze4-CPU
SenC.

Senater_Cache said:
I would strongly advise you to use a stronger pump than the 1048 in conjunction with the WhiteWhater and two more blocks. seriously, do some more research before making this purchase.
Minimum I would use for that tri-block setup especially with one of them being a WW, is a 1250.
Recommendations from me would be D4 (DangerDen12v, MCP650) or MCP600 (AquaXtreme 50-z)
If you really want to keep that pump however, I would either switch to an MCW6002 or downgrade to a Maze4-CPU
SenC.

thx, id like to stick with eheim. how much does a 1250 cost?

Senater_Cache said:
but in what time frame??
There is no time frame. 129,063 calories of energy applied to 227,124.7 milliliters of water will raise the temperature of the water by 0.568C. That’s that. It doesn’t matter if it happens in a nanosecond or over a year, and it doesn’t matter what happens to the water after it’s heated...that milliliter is gone and the next milliliter is coming in. That fact that the water is cooled and recycled means nothing.

What is this...physics class??

Back