• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whoa this is friggin hard !!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Senater_Cache

I have spent the last weeks researching for my upcoming RAM purchase.
NF7 v2.0
2500-mobile on water
Radeon 9800pro
I am looking for an OC of 2.5 with a fsb of ~210-230. But I am willing to run @200 also.
The stix will be single-piece 512mb. No matched pairs

As of today, I am indecisive between the following two OCZ stix:
A 512 MB DDR PC-3200 (400) OCZ CL2 Platinum
B 512 MB DDR PC-3200 (400) OCZ Rev.3

I am not sure if the jump from 2-3-3-6 (B) to 2-2-3-5 (A) is worth the ten dollars ?
---
As a second option I looked at some Corsair XMS.
So after the thought: which is better, OCZ, or XMS,? I need advice regarding the following modules.
A CMX512-3200C2, Latency: 2-3-3-T1
B CMX512-3200C2PT, Latency: 2-3-3-T1

Not only is the OCZ cheaper, it also has better timings. What gives?? PLease help me out.
-OCZ or XMS?
-which of the two respective modules?
help is very very much appreciated...

SenC.

Last edited:
I'd go for the pair with the best timings. OCZ and Corsair are both great memory makers and I don't think you could wrong with either.

i heard wonderful things abotu the overclockability of the EL line from OCZ

with the right setup you can max your board out like meeeeee...

Cache,

If you are looking for maximum overclockability, go with our EB line. The EL line will do tight timings and comes at a great value, if that is what you are looking for, go for it.

thanks Sean,
believe me when I tell you, I would LOVE to get some EB, but $130 max is what I can spend...( I am assembling a full fleded PC with a tight budget)
Point me in a direction with some 512 stix EB, and ill jump on it like hell. :)

SenC.

but because of their EB label they run just as fast as cas 2
...uhhh bs... put any ram at the same FSB with cas2 and the EB at 2.5 and the EB will lose

Back