• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

well guys i got the shikaram pc4400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flapperhead

bought these 2 x 256 stix from the memory depot in canada. they were pricey(185.00). just did a quick boot and overclock to see what i could get.looks promising tho.. soon as i get the prommy back on my rig and turn up the vagp and nb juice along with the vdimm ill try to do some stability and bw tests.. heres a quick screenshot at 300. (3.0V) they quit at 306, maybe with more vtt and vdimm i can get more outta them. i also need to test each singly. the chips are hynix bt-d5..

Attachments

• ax.jpg
    ax.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 400
thnx i probably shoudve have gotten some ocz el pc4400 and been done with it, but i really like testing different brands. thats why i only got 2x256..my desire to test is bigger than my pocketbook lol...

yessir,dc for the first time in my year long quest. (i had a stick of simpletech that booted up to about 310/312. i sold it, (cheep) and now im thinking i should have kept it..

mrspec3 said:
Which motherboard?

my indestructible ic7. got the asus(p4c800 e) same day as ram. im gonna do some testing with it, see how it does. most guys (including you) say it is better..(i always try to listen ) also im not so sure this ram will run stable at 300, cause this screenshot wasnt tested for stability. but it was sure fun...

flapperhead said:
my indestructible ic7. got the asus(p4c800 e) same day as ram. im gonna do some testing with it, see how it does. most guys (including you) say it is better..(i always try to listen ) also im not so sure this ram will run stable at 300, cause this screenshot wasnt tested for stability. but it was sure fun...

That Asus board has caught my eye as well. I'm very interested in how it goes for you. How about one of those famous flapper reviews, but this time on the mobo, or mobo/ram combo review? I'm sure it would be a good read.

flapperhead said:
soon as i get a chance ill test the ram on both boards.. hows that sound??

Sounds good, just maybe add your thoughts on the Asus as you go along. Things that stand out to you, good or bad.

this darn cpu runs to 312 but cant stabilize it at 300 on air.(havent put the prommy back on this rig yet.. )keeps kickin prime out.so here's a few pics. also does anyone know if i just dl drivers for the asus p4c800e and put then on my existing hd without deleting the abit drivers, will that cause any conflicts?? im looking for a quick way of testing both these boards on the same hd without deleting and reloading drivers each time..

darn free hosting site is screwed up.. ill try later...

well i discoverd my 2.4c is no longer stable at 300+ on air. Both mb's the modded ic7 and the asus p4c800 e wont run 300 stable with this cpu.. so im gonna have to get my prommy involved in this test. I also found that my ic7 was more stable with running this cpu at 300.. it only kicked out prime when testing.. the asus at 300 crashes when i start prime. i guess, this comparison isnt really fair cause the asus is stock, the ic7 is anything BUT stock.. but the asus is a really nice well laid out board. it just exudes quality.. anyway to get any true numbers(is supect this ram is gonna run to about 295/298) on this ram like i said is gonna take the prommy.. here's a few pics of the mb's and the memory

the one in the case is the asus..
http://www2.freepichosting.com/Images/421539786/0.jpg

http://www2.freepichosting.com/Images/421539786/1.jpg

http://www2.freepichosting.com/Images/421539786/2.jpg

http://www2.freepichosting.com/Images/421539542/1.jpg

drat only 4th pic works for now,sometimes takes awhile to upload to this site..

Last edited:
Looking good. I still think you should put you together a nice testing station, as much testing as you do. Do you like actually do anything with your computer? Perfectly fine if you don't, but I was just curious. You don't strike me as a gamer; it appears that testing and benchies are your thing...is that on target or off base?

I've got "working rigs" which I use for doing tax and accounting related work, but then I like to play, too. Actually, I like to play more than do tax and accounting work, but I'm committed to the other. I'm trying to learn more about that testing stuff, you know, being systematic and complete, plus knowing how to interpret the results better, that kind of stuff. This is fun homework for me.

i used to play games.. online too. but the young guys massacered me. then i found this forum and kinda got hooked.. yeah right now i just mostly read up on the newest stuff. and do testing in my free time.. i think u are right, about a little lab. just finished enclosing in a section of my carport. was supposed to be for my tools. but
it has gathered ALOT of comuter parts.. so i think im gonna take ur advice and make it a little lab..

flapperhead said:
i used to play games.. online too. but the young guys massacered me. then i found this forum and kinda got hooked.. yeah right now i just mostly read up on the newest stuff. and do testing in my free time.. i think u are right, about a little lab. just finished enclosing in a section of my carport. was supposed to be for my tools. but
it has gathered ALOT of comuter parts.. so i think im gonna take ur advice and make it a little lab..

What games, if I may ask? Have you tried D3 or are you planning to try it?

Back