• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Well folks, I got to bite the bullet.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ol' man

Looks like my celery is going to be stuck at 1.55GHz. I had my chip cooler all set up and found out that the juice coming into my apartment cannot handle all that stuff running at the same time. So now I put all that work into it and am not going to use it. O well, that is life. I could have ran it at 1.6~1.65GHz but to me having all that stuff going just wouldn't be worth it so 1.55GHz is where it will stay for now. i am not going to take off the IHS this time:D Since I have a block made maybe I will concentrate on a self contained unit that will stay in the case like koolance. So here are the current stats.

1.55GHz/1.8v/40 deg. C load/PCI in spec @ 32.25MHz

See now this is the reason why it is nice to have the ST6 or the VH6T. There is no way you could have hit this speed with probably most of the other fcpga2 boards out there.

I tried and tried to get nail polish and superglue to work to cover vid pin 1 but no go.

Well if I would have had the TUSL2 I would have been stuck at about probably 1450~1475 cause of its PCI probs;) At least here I have some wiggle room for maybe a good burnin after awhile and maybe I will hit 1600 or if I do a self contained unit or something but having that freezer and pump and all that stuff going at the same time just did not cut it here. In the summer I can hear my AC fan just cut out sometimes and I know it is cause of bad juice to my apartment.

Well maybe I will build my brother a computer and give him this chip and get myself a one of them good OC'n OEM Phillipine chips in a few months.

Take it easy.

That sucks! You could just go with the regular water cooling plus a pelt or two. That should keep you up to speed.

dude said:
That sucks! You could just go with the regular water cooling plus a pelt or two. That should keep you up to speed.

Thats the thing though. The juice coming into my apartment couldn't handle that. If I use two PSU's it will instantly shut down my system. Now this morning with everyones electric heat going the juice is bad. The only thing that would be effective would be simple H2O cooling.

Back