• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Remove fittings from MCW50

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Enigma422

Topic pretty much says it all. I have a MCW50 waterblock with the 1/2" adapter fittings and I am trying to install the adapter for my 6800GT, but the fittings are getting in my way. How do you remove these fittings. Tried pulling them out, but they don't want to budge, don't want to risk breaking this block. Thanks.

push the little gray part of the block toward the block with one finger and at the same time pull the fittings out. It was very easy for me.

Thanks got it off.

EDIT: Now I am having trouble putting on the adaptor kit onto the block. The thing only goes half way down. Anybody use the adaptor kit of the 6800 GT? Was it easy for you to place the adapter kit? Thanks again.

BTW, if worse comes to worse I was thinking of taking a little off the adapter with my dremmel.

EDIT 2: Figured it out.

Last edited:
Back