• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ultimate Boot CD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WyrmMaster

I'm a little teapot Senior
Just found this the other day, havent gotten a chance to fully test it out, but it seems pretty sweet to me. Basically its a bootable CD image with all of the tools you could ever want on it (harddrive tools, memory test tools, dos boot disks, linux boot disks, ect).

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

It is indeed one awesome CD :) I've used it for several of it's utilities, and it sure beats out having to tote around either several seperate bootable floppies or CDs. Convienient and with tons of bootable utilities!

JigPu

Yeah, the UBCD is AWESOME. It's great for troubleshooting hardware problems.

It has utilities from many different manufacturers, so you don't have to go chasing anything to download the right utility.

The interface is very simple to navigate.

I've found a few dead HDD's with this CD, along with a bad stick of RAM (the memory utility I chose clearly showed me that only one stick was bad and once removed, the system ran smooth as butter again)

Especially if you do this professionaly and your work environment has some mixed hardware in production, this CD is VERY useful. Even just for home I've used it a couple times.

Back