• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newb trying to WC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stash22

Hi I'm new to these boards and to Watercoolin itself also lol.

I'm looking into purchasing the following items for my first attempt to WC and would like to have any suggestions you guys might have.

1) Radiator-Thermochill HE120.3
2) Pump- Here I got 2 choices either go with Danger Den D4 Pump or AquaXtreme 50Z-DC12 Pump. I need it to be powerful enough to be able to support 3 waterblocks.
3) Waterblocks- Danger Den TDX, Danger Den Maze4 for Chipset, and Danger Den 6800 Waterblock
4) I wont go with Reservoirs, I will probably go with a T-Line and Barb.
5) I will also use a cube Case that supports the thermochill.

Also like BigAl2 said I will try to have everything 1/2" ID :)

Any comments and ideas will be helpful :)

1) I think you would get equal or better performance with a DD heater core (one or 2 fan hc) for the money.
2) If i'm not mistaken, the aquaxtreme pump is same as swiftech mcp600, the DD D4 would be a slightly better pump.

Everything else looks good.

Edit: Sorry looked at the wrong thermalchill model. That has lots of surface area so you will get lots of heat dissipation. Wonder if it's an over kill though and how a 2 fan hc performs vs that?

Last edited:
well I'm gonna prolly duo fan the radiator make sure is cool hehe, but dunno if one pump is gonna be able to handle that rad and 3 waterblocks. :(

I was thinking about the BIX2 also. Maybe I should consider it more.

if you are going to get the BIX2 to save money, might as well get the DD dual heater core. I bet that will have equally performance at lesser price.

well I'm looking more into which is going to give me better performance. BIX2, Thermochill or Dual HC. I'm also might be changing the pump to an Iwaki-MD30RZT.

(As a side project I'm thinking maybe in the futre having an external reservoir cooled with low voltage pelts. just to drop the water temps a little quicker comming right out from all 3 waterblocks...if its doable. Note I dont want to use higher level pelts since I dont want the water to get too cold which would probably cause condensation inside case...but thats another thread lol)

Back