• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So has there been any sort of TCCC chip generation comparisons?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amdking

I have 2x 512MB PC3200 single sided Samsung Modules that are TCCC
I was looking on samsung site and I noticed that in the model numbers on my chip, It says they are generation 2 chips.
I noticed a review of some of the newest fast stuff by some name brand company and they were generation 8 TCCC chips...
has anyone ever ran a comparison between chip generations and had any OC differences? or anyone know of OC differences? =)
what on average, would TCCC chips oc too anyhow?
right now I have mine at 220mhz 2.5 3 3 10 2.6v

TCCC or TCCD?

The Samsung chips currently drawing all the raves are the TCCD. These new chips are rated as 4ns (DDR500) by Samsung, vs the older 5ns (DDR400) chips. Samsung labels theirs as PC4000, where everyone else hi-lites their ability to run DDR400 at fast timings.

With respect to your question, I personally don't know of a "central location" where the various revisions are compared. Typically if you go to the "enthusiasts" forums (or to google) and search the chip's coding, you will get hits with overclocking results. Which leads me to my next question...

You wouldn't be interested in a part time job with absolutely no pay, would you?

what are you talkin about part time job no pay? .... anyhow thanks for the answer.

I was kidding. That was just my feeble attempt at humor at the end of a 20-hour day.

The "part time job" would be the task of accumulating the data on these chips that you would get by searching all of the other sites and then creating the very "comparison" that you are asking about. And since no one is going to pay you to do it...well, that explains the "compensation package" that goes with the "job".

thought so....in that case, why would any review hardware anyways...

my tccc does 255/510 @ 2.8v-

they dont care for xtra voltage beyond that, but these were the chips us intels boys wanted when wanting to hit 250fsb-

but now we want low latency like the amd gang, and the tccd chips do that-

tccc is noway low latency, atleast not in 128bit config, 2.5-3-3 is prolly as tight as the majority of them will do-

the tc-b3 will run low latency up to like 215/430 and will max @ 240/480 with loose timings-

but imo, tccc arent bad ICs at all-

Back