• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just started having boost isuues with my 3700X... :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DUAL33s

Registered
My Issue:
I've been tweaking and overclocking my new system now for about the past 3 weeks or so and everything was going great. But then yesterday out of nowhere I noticed my 3700X is no longer boosting to its normal 'all-core' frequency when under full load. Ever since I setup my new system, my 3700X has been consistently hitting between 4.1 - 4.25ghz when under full load from Cinebench R15 and R20. But now, it's only going up to around 3.9ghz when under load and I have do not understand why this is happening all the sudden.

What I've tried:
At first I thought it might have something to do with my Asus ROG Strix X570-E bios setting called: 'Performance Enhancer', which is supposed to increase the amount of time that your CPU can boost to it's all-core 'boost' frequency before down-clocking. In other words it will allow the CPU to boost longer when under full load. I've been messing around with its' settings, which are as follows: 'Level 1', 'Level 2' and 'Level 3 (OC)'. I've never touched the 'Level 3 (OC)' setting and have found that the 'Level 1' setting provided the best performance for my particular chip. But now, no matter what setting I adjust the 'Performance Enhancer' setting to, my chip will only do 3.9ghz MAX when under full load.

It may also have to do with the fact that I downloaded Ryzen Master (against my better judgement) just to mess around with it and see if it has gotten any better since last generation ((SPOILER ALERT: It didn't.)) But other than that I'm not sure what is going on here.

I thought maybe my bios was bugged or something, so I went ahead and downloaded the latest bios for my X570-E and successfully flashed it. But this changed nothing as far as my CPU boosting behavior. Then I went ahead and did a fresh install of Windows 10, just to be safe. Did not fix the problem. I then decided to try various power plans, including the new '1usmus Ryzen Universal Plan', but nothing is fixing my boost clock.

If anyone has experience with Asus X570 boards or if anyone has any tips or suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it, as I'm kinda stuck ATM and not sure what to do next.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post. :/

-DUAL33s

My Specs:
Ryzen 7 3700X
Trident Z Neo 3600mhz (16-16-16-16-36)(B-die)
Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming (Bios 1405)
PowerColor Red Devil 5700XT OC
Corsair CX650 (80+ Bronze)

What are you cooling it with?

What is your case make and model?

Please create a Signature with more complete component list. To create a "Sig" go to Settings at top left of any page and look down the left side for Edit Signature. This will help those helping you as it will travel with every post you make.

Has there been a change in cooling or ambient temperature? What are you using to measure / report clocks under all core load? Have your cinebench scores decreased consistent with loosing 300mhz?

I have a sneaky thought that it could be a new chipset driver causing your issues

Back