• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another high temps thread.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slaya

Hey, I tried doing some searching on the forum and learned some, but i'm still not sure whats MY problem because my tubing doesn't seem restrictive to me, only one block, and bearly any anti-freeze (so little taht you can't evan see the color).

My temperatures are 38C with my Mobile 2600+ is at 2.42ghz (210*11.5)

At first I bleed my system for air bubbles and pretty much all the bubbles were gone but my temps were still like 37C, after turning my system and accedently making all the water go into the Tee and air bubbles go into the loop my temps only increased by 1C?

My waterblock is pretty tight, and I havent reseated it so it maybe not evan, although I doubt it.

specs in sig

ill get a pic up in a couple of minutes.

i am still pretty new but 38C doesnt seem too bad. i dont know what some of you people expect to get

Yeah I'm with rewind_rob, 38C is fine plus, your board (NF7's) are whacked in regards to a true temp reading anyway. Heh, you can't really get a good reading on any board. What makes you thing your temps are high? What is ambient temp?

Well when I was searching the boards I came across someone who had 39C and everyone seemed to agree that was pretty high, so I figured mine was high..

Anyway thats my temps when just running aim and firefox and a few background programs. I gotta lower my OC prime keeps crashing.

Try reseating it, when I just did my first setup a couple days ago my temps were low 40s and when I removed my waterblock compound was only on one side... lol :bang head Seems I was scared of crushing my core and did not tighten the nuts on my block nearly enough. Then my temps dropped over 10 degrees idle lol.

Hrmm, nice, i'll be reciving my gpu block soon so i'll just wait till then to re-mount it.. unless I get impatient..

By the way my temps on air were high 40s, usually like 47, and that was on a volcano 7+ on lowest speed, that fan was smaller and wasnt pushing as much air as my heatercore is pulling, so I figured i'd get a little lower temps.

Oh yeah, one more thing... My loop is pump>heater core>cpu waterblock>tee-line>pump, with that loop would the top barb on my pump (Via Aqua 1300) be going to the heater core, or the tee-line? basicly, is the top barb PUSHING water towards the heater core?

the loop doesn't matter, there was an article on this not too long ago and they figured out that no matter how you have your loop set up you will only experience a 1C change at most. also, as nkhsub1 said, motherboard temp. readings are all wrong. not even worth comparing with anybody else really. since you did get a 10C change I say your watercooling is doin a good job and your temps are fine.

I'm not to familiar with the pump in question, but most of the "top" barbs are outlets.

And, inaccurate mobo sensors aside, you went down 9c(47-38)... what kinda temps were you expecting?

Theres always more you can do, but I'd be relatively satisfied with your results.

Back