• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lian li v1000/1200 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BJB

Does anyone know if a chevette heatercore will fit in the lower portion of the case by the front case fan if one of the hard drive racks is removed? What about mounting it on the outside of the rear case fan? Will it overlap the side of the case or the motherboard ports? It looks like it will. If no one knows about that specific situation, does anyone have any measurements for those two areas?

I assume that the v2000 would work just fine without any mods, but I would prefer the smaller size of the v1200.

Thanks for any help!

I would also likek to know if the 77 boneville core fits in the bottom on the v1200?

The chevette HC definitely fits in the bottom front of a V1x00 along with a D-Tek style shroud and a fan. It's a snug fit but one would think the case was made for it :) Try to get a V1200 as the extra space is worth for tubing / pump clearance. I base this on a D-Tek Pro-Core which is roughly the same.

As for the 77 bonneville i don't know, what are its dimensions ?

(edit) of course in a V2000 you can fit multiple chevette HC's or king-size heatercores ! I choosed the "king-size" option and fit it horizontally in the side door (mobo side), sacrifying the drive bays (they were useless anyway for me, ust have 2 HDDs in cooling racks thus in 5.25"), and there's still plenty of room for fan ducting, tubing, and pump.

Thanks SureFoot, that helps me a lot. It sounds like you have experience with both the 1200 and 2000. Have you used both? Which do you prefer, and why?

Thanks!

Afternoon,

I picked up the V1200 about 3 weeks ago. I took out the two bottom drive mounts and put my double long rad in there. It works sweet but I did have to take out the bottom front fan to make it work.

My only gripe is that the rear fan should be a little more powerful. Other than that it is a great case.

Look on the Australlian over clockers. There is a little discussion about the 1000 and 1200 cases. Sorry I don't have the link.

BJB, i own a PC-V2000B that i am currently modding.
And friends of mine bought V1200's and showed me their setups and took measurements.
I picked up the V2000 so i could fit everything, my double heatercore, the pump, my double bay res, my twin 15K rpm HDDs in 5.25" bays, my twin opticals, the rheobus... If i had kept my Pro-Core i would have taken a V1200, no hesitation. The placement of main watercooling components in the "basement" part of the case is absolutely ideal. This will make a very clean setup, i'll try to post photos but don't hold on it, i'll have to borrow a camera as i don't have any. I'll eventually take a photo of the finished setup so ppl can see how the V2000 is the perfect extreme-cooling case...

Chevy heatercores are popular because of there dimentions, cooling properties, low flow restriction and best of all easy to find :D

They are simply the heater radiator out of the inside of a car. Instead of the raditor used for cooling the engine, this heatercore takes some of that radiator fluid and heats the inside of the car.

Simply put.

P.S. I use a Chevy '78 heatercore my self

Foxy

Back