• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Diving into a mobile 2600+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

edwardaune

Ok guys, I will be getting this mobile 2600 in a couple of days and I have a question concerning my timings. What should I put them at when I start out. As you can tell from my sig I have them at pretty decent timings. I tried 6-3-3-2 as they were advertised, but when I did a prime benchmark they didnt come out as good as 11-2-2-2. I have posted a question similar to this earlier but that was with my locked barton. How my fsb will be different all together now that I can start adjusting my multipliers. I plan on starting out at 200*11=2200MHz just to burn it in then Im gonna start doing the fun stuff. I guess what Im asking is should I use the advertised latencies and start clocking up from there or should I use the timings that I have now. Or should I just leave the default settings of 8-4-4-2.5 and start messing with the timings once I max out the system (or as decent temps can take me).
Link to Mobile axp 2600+:
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-436&depa=0
Link to pqi 2x265 Turbo Dual Channel kit:
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=20-141-157&depa=0

you may still have issues going high on the fsb with that board. I would start out with the lowest possible timings then up the fsb..... when you start running into problems, up the voltage... when voltage no longer works then start relaxing the timings.

When you say the "lowest" timings are you talking 6-3-3-2 or 8-4-4-2.5, and along the same line as far as voltage goes are you talking vdimm or vcore. The way I unserstoof what you were saying is adjust it to 6-3-3-2 and stock vdimm, start oc'ing like normal and when it becomes unstable loosen the timings and bump the vdimm. Working with a mobile is going to be crazy compared to working with a locked processot because there becomes many other variables. Before all I really had to worry about is voltage and fsb, and a little with the ram. Do you think this board doesnt like high fsb's?

edwardaune said:
When you say the "lowest" timings are you talking 6-3-3-2 or 8-4-4-2.5, and along the same line as far as voltage goes are you talking vdimm or vcore. The way I unserstoof what you were saying is adjust it to 6-3-3-2 and stock vdimm, start oc'ing like normal and when it becomes unstable loosen the timings and bump the vdimm. Working with a mobile is going to be crazy compared to working with a locked processot because there becomes many other variables. Before all I really had to worry about is voltage and fsb, and a little with the ram. Do you think this board doesnt like high fsb's?

No i think he meant lowest timmings like 2-2-2-6
but i might be mistaken :)

when i start an overclock I begin at default everything..... as you get higher and higher you'll have to up the voltage, (vdimm, vcore, and vdd). the lowest possible timings are 2-2-2-5, so you'll start somewhere between there and the ram's default specs. The art of overclocking is defined by finding the perfect balance between all those voltages, timings, fsb, and multiplier settings which finally allows you the highest overclock your system can take and still remain 100% stable.

Back