• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ask for help in settings for my adata ram please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jstutman

Currently my computer is running the ram at spd setting. The ram is 2x256 adata 4200 Dual channel ram. here are some screen shots of the current settings, i ask for assistance in tweaking this to get my computer running stable :)

thanks in advance

Attachments

• memory.JPG
    memory.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 34
  • memory1.JPG
    memory1.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 30
  • proc1.JPG
    proc1.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 50
  • sandra.JPG
    sandra.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 28
first of all test the cpu in 3/2 ratio to find out how fast it will overclock. (probably around 240/250 on air.the adata is designed for speeds in excess of 266 mhz (sometimes it will oc much higher) at timings of 2.5.4.4.7 or 3.4.4.8.It is unlikely that u will be able to use this ram to its full potential being that the cpu on air will probably quit at the afore mentioned speeds.(240-250). i would try 2.5.4.4.& and then work my way down with the timings to see if u can get better. something like 2.5.3.4.7 or 3.4.3.7. that is probably the best timings youll get with this ram. the crucial ballistix or the ocz eb pc3700, or even some ram with the new tccd chips. would be a much netter fit if u can afford to change cause they give optimum timings (2.5.3.2.5- ballsitix/ oczeb) at those speeds..goodluck flapper

ok here is the new ones. Looks like i cant change any of my cpu settings or even 3/2 ratio. When i do that my raptors dont show up and it gives me disk boot failure. (might rma them, cause that aint good) but i got my timings changed on my ram, and that performance is better. here is some pics

Attachments

• cpuid.JPG
    cpuid.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 30
  • newramsettings.JPG
    newramsettings.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 26
jstutman said:
ok here is the new ones. Looks like i cant change any of my cpu settings or even 3/2 ratio. When i do that my raptors dont show up and it gives me disk boot failure. (might rma them, cause that aint good) but i got my timings changed on my ram, and that performance is better. here is some pics
The issue of your drives not showing up when you change your CPU setting is prolly because you need to lock your AGP/PCI frequency in the BIOS. When you first glance at the AGP/PCI frequency, it looks like it is 66/33. But if you look close that 66/33 is really grayed out. You need to actually select the AGP/PCI frequency by hitting the Enter key and from the choices that show up, select "FIXED".

flapperhead said:
this is off topic, but nice collection of ram u have there stan
Thanx!. If this BH-5 that is coming is any good, I'ii prolly have to start thinking about putting some of it up on Ebay. Hard choices because I like them all for different reasons.

Back