• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2-2-2-5, worth the money?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CordialSpam

I am using these Corsair Values 2.5-3-3-7 @ 214 just fine, but my question is it worth the money upgrade from these to 2-2-2-5 @ maybe 230 ~ 250 or 2-x-x-10 @ 250+? How much performance am I gonna get off it? is it worth the extra 50 bux? is the performance noticable? Btw does anyone know a link to tom's hardware or anandtech or any other benchmark results compare those? I can't seem to find it.

In my experience its not really noticable from 2 to 2.5 if it was you going from 3 to 2 I'd say yea. But I say hold onto your money, your already getting awesome memory bandwidth.

Mind you can test for yourself. Drop your overclock back down to 200 fsb and test both settings against each other. You'll get about the same amount of difference.

For the improved timings, it is not worth it, but for the increase in fsb and timings, $50 sounds good.

yeah its not just the 2-2-2 that gives the increase, most of the benafits of 2-2-2 memories comes in when OCing, it seems that 2-2-2 memories(especailly BH-5/6, when enough voltage is avalible, and the newer TCCD based ram, which dont need hardly over 2.8vdimm) overclock alot better than other memories, especially the TCCD. just drop it back to 2.5-3-3, and shot for 270's, or 2.5-4-3 and shot for DDR600.

usually the TCCD will only do 215-225 at 2-2-2

read this over man;)

http://www.anandtech.com/memory/showdoc.aspx?i=2226

GL
-Jess-

clocking in at 240fsb on a stingy NF7 board.... TCCD rams is an overclockers wet dream. Granted I can't keep the 2-2-2-11 timing that high but I haven't found any other 512x2 ram that will get me that high.

I have 2x512mb corsair pc3200 xms 2-3-3-6 cas 2.5 ram
i can run at 220fsb @ 2-2-2-5 cas 2 2.8v mem
(amd2500+ mobile)

-just my 2 cents

HousERaT said:
clocking in at 240fsb on a stingy NF7 board.... TCCD rams is an overclockers wet dream. Granted I can't keep the 2-2-2-11 timing that high but I haven't found any other 512x2 ram that will get me that high.

oh yeah, TCCD=Uber-er-est-ist :beer:

you say you got 240, was that at 1t, with your 2x512?

Jess1313 said:
oh yeah, TCCD=Uber-er-est-ist :beer:

you say you got 240, was that at 1t, with your 2x512?

yeah cpc on.... i don't care too much for how my system acts with cpc off..... I'm quite pleased with 240.....

I'm still waiting to torture my BH-5 but who knows.... maybe i can get that up near 230, 240 with 2-2-2-11... we'll see.

HousERaT said:
yeah cpc on.... i don't care too much for how my system......

thats nice, especailly for an NF7, IHMO, maybe the blue slots be alot better than black sloted ones, but usually, i dont care to comment on my NF7 anymore :rolleyes: ....lol, i must say, i dont care for it to much, i cant use 1t, hardly over 220, if i am using more than one stick of ram......

-Jess-

i'm rock solid with 240 on the blue dimms and 238 on the black dimms..... just got an NF7-s in the mail this week so maybe this weekend I'll fool around with that and see what happens...

Hmm I'm running at 223 right now 2.5-3-3-11 with my Corsair VR, I guess this is not bad for a VR..and it is stable, ran the blend test over 7 hours and which is fine. I think I'm going to stay with my Corsair VR heh.

I upgraded my corsair vr 2.5 to ocz 3200 rev 2. I was only able to get 220mhz 1:1 and I'm up to 238 stable on the ocz I did have to relax the timings to 2-3-3-5 though.. I think I can probably go higher Asus probe shows 39 idle and 49 load 3.2E 1.4125. hope that helps you with your decision. I bought the vr then decided to OC if I had to do it all over I would have just gotten the faster memory first and saved the cash. My stupidity.

Back