• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3 valve filling manifold.......cavitation...air

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Surreal

'Surreal please contact Krag ASAP'
Hi

Anyone out there use a 3 valve filling manifold? I am thinking about trying one out. I don't want a T or a RES. Will this work? As in will there be air bubbles in the system after 3 months? I was thinking about filling the system with HOT distilled water (+adds). Then thats it.

Will air form after a few months.... (assuming the system is 100% leakfree.)

Is tygon permeble?

IS there away to fill a system and not have air? What about the poeple who fill a system under water then place it in the case. How much air comes out of the water?

thx

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image.JPG
    New Bitmap Image.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 220
Swiftech has sold this type of kit for years:

http://www.swiftnets.com/store/product_details.asp?ProdID=165

I followed their design for a 1/2" ID system, it is a lot quicker to fill but I'll never run without a T line again.

AFAIK the system was completely seal and when I bled (sp?) it for a day to get rid of all the bubbles, no matter how I turned/flipped the entire sytem there were no bubbles, Id find air in my tubes after a month, no leaks ever found. A few posts have come up asking about this, basically no tubing we use will completely prevent water from evaporating out. So no matter how well you fill and bleed the system over time you are going to get air in the loop.

If you fill and drain your system a lot Id say its a good idea. But if you plan to fill your system and run it for half a year or so (I like to switch out coolant at least that frequently) then just got with a T, or maybe a combo of both.

Back