• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lian-Li V2000 watercooled P4 pix

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks good :thup: I love those cases, almost got one myself, but I didn't know where I'd mount my watercooling stuff...maybe I'll have to give it a second thought.

Awesome looking.
The waterblock looks like it's mounted crooked though...

Hey, do you think there would be enough room to fit a Black Ice Xtreme II radiator in there in the front where you've got your core? I was considering getting this case. BTW, that has two 120mm fans. Think there's enough?

There would be room, but you'd have to mount it pulling air from the bottom. The V2000 is laid out very similar to the V1000, just more vertical clearance.

Here's a pic of a BIX2 mounted in my V1000.

Finale%20007.jpg

Man, that is a lot of room. Almost enough room to make me want to upgrade. Wonder if I could do a second radiator/fan combo in the space above the PSU?

As noted in my sig (though temps are from Asus Probe...your mileage may vary).

Temps: CPU Idle 36C | CPU Load 43C | GPU Load 35C

I'd recommend going with the v2000, unless you enjoy shoehorning too much gear in a mid-tower, and cutting very large holes.

I'm idling at 36 C in a room that's 24C and 46 C load. The waterblock doesn't mount very well with the P4 retention bracket as there is a lot of "floating" room over the cpu. I've gotten it as straight as I can over the cpu.

A dual heatcore would work but it would have to be mounted at the bottom sucking air up but it would work. I tried adding a 56K warning to the title. Maybe a moderator can help me out with this.

I had the raddy turned 90 degrees with the intakes at the top but it caused the tubing to push against the sidepanel when closed. I saw some here mount the raddy with the inlets mounted on the side as I have them now. I'm not sure how effective on flowrate it is. Also, all fans are 86 cfm panaflow 120/38's. Not the quietest but beats the noise my sp94 with 90 mm fan made.

Also, punching the back grill netted over a 3 C drop in system temps. I like the Lian-Li but it's not that effective of a layout when it comes to air cooling. I also punched in the grill in the hdd rack which greatly increased my air flow over the the harddrives with a tt smartfan II running at 2900 rpm to lower noise.

The mobo is vdimm modded, droop modded and the mosfets heatsinked. Thanks for all the kind replies. I've gotten a lot of inspiration from these forums to complete this job. Maybe I'll post some pics of my air-cooled Antec 3700AMB which houses my Athlon xp system.

crash013 said:
wait wheres the hard drive? :-/

Harddrives are mounted in the 5.25'' bays in a Lian-Li module. You see it in the first pic as the part in the 2 5.25'' bays with the verticle slits. A 80mm intake mounts in the front of it.

sp00L, can you measure the dimensions in the pic below.

Attachments

• size.JPG
    size.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 645
nissmo300,

The long horizontal dimension from front to back is 21.5 in. The height from bottom to divider is 9.5 in. I'm not sure what the small vertical measurement you want is, but assuming it's from the bottom to the top of the lower hdd rack, that's 1.5 in. Hope this helps.

nice rig i wish i could build one like that (d*** dad wont let me spend my money in my bank account)

Back