• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

music library out of control

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

itizme

What program should or could I use to clean up my music?

I have about 30,000 tracks and I want to have a format that would be easy to use with no more duplicates, well organised and easy to swap over to my Zen Extra for use in my car as an input device.

At the moment the amount of music is far far to big to sift through manually but I have no idea what to use to get it back in line.

I wish it was that easy, so many duplicates, soooooooo many artists........................
If I could get it straight I could likely clear ten percent off my hard drives and keep it proper :(

There is no easy or automatic way to do this that I am aware of. What you'll have to do is go through all of the files and redo the tags + filenames. There are programs that make this process easier but it'll still take you at least a few long days.

I was afraid of that, Have been trying to do this day by day but sometimes even cant remember where I left off. Just another reason to think ahead.

What I do is organize my songs by artist/album. When organizing my new "input" songs I put them in a "unsorted" folder, then as I fix up the tags I make a proper location for them and transfer over. So I can stop anytime and not have to worry about where I left off. I use an older (much older) version of Dr.Tag. It’s a "trial" but its limit is 50 edits per open. So, I do 50 files, close and reopen it. :clap:
I would buy it, but I can't by an exact version. I don't like the new versions of Dr.Tag

Back